Board Meeting Notes 2019-11-19

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2019-11-05 2019 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2019-12-03 >>

Meeting Start:

Attendance

  • Board Members
    • Alex B
    • Max Rash (incoming board)
    • Andrew C.
    • Molly A
    • Kathryn B
    • Sky N.
  • Other Members

Agenda

  • Check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
  • Consent Agenda
  • Committee Reports
  • Read mail
  • Financial/membership report
  • Review the PayPal and banking transactions
  • Member leaving reason reports
  • Check RT queue
  • New business
  • Old business

Minutes

Discussion on previous minutes

Consent Agenda

Committee Reports

Reports from Committees

Mail

Financial Report

  • Chase Checking:
  • Chase Savings:
  • PEX:
  • PayPal:

Membership Report

  • Number of Members:
  • Quorum:

Review the PayPal and banking transactions

Member Leaving Reason Reports

RT

New Business

  • Questions about operations in 2020 - is there a new workflow for new board. In 2020 we will be quicker to call in a repair rather than DIY. Changing light bulbs - who does that? Operations group. They need to decide.
  • Dinner the week of 11/29 - invite all new area hosts. How to pay for it - need to make a final decision - maybe board retreat money, or board appreciation or powers of the president. About $300.
  • Admin small budget for posters: MMT, DRC, Scholarships. PR budget or 2D area host budget?
  • Kitchen area hosts need their PEX card.
  • How to add General Operations team to FreshDesk. There is a broken@pumpingstationone.org. But help and info are the emails. Be nice to have a form for Help Desk tickets - we made an AirTable form where you can describe or add pictures. Can they view Wild Apricot? We can do a view-only.
  • Budget due - need to have a discussion.
  • Night at Metropolis - we can buy drink tickets. All volunteers. Bring VR headsets. January
  • Power Hammer Purchase - don't worry about NFP discount. Just get it to the point where you sign on the dotted line.
  • Small Metals Team - Lounge, Casting, Area Hosts. Kathryn wants to be Small Metals Lounge Area Host - which would cover the Formlabs Form 3. Kathryn will write a proposal - danger committee. Signage. Create authorization path
  • Updates on MMT. Fill the hole of MMT. Shifts in roles. Changes on admin rights for people who are no longer on committee.
  • Operations team has kicked off and is in flight, will have their budget by 12/15.
  • DRC has been busy. Will need to re-compose without Alex and Kathryn as Board reps.
  • Wild Apricot update. We need to email the people who got locked out - we have the list, we just need a concrete way to convey exact steps to repair the account. This is the Strip/Wild Apricot bug. People will lose their keyfob entry ability. People will Re-add your credit card info. We will "eat" the lost revenue from people who didn't get billed (and not ask for back payment).
  • Announcement about door code being phased out and people need to use (and get) their keyfob.
  • Propose a membership audit so we can do the budget. Audit/Scrape paypal. Export 2 months. We can rely on Wild Apricot to generate the numbers. Run a matching. Sky can do it in an hour = Sky will take this as an action item.
  • Andrew needs to make budget sheets and post them to all area hosts. Vote proposed by end of year and do in January 1 or earlier. What about holding an in-person workshop to get it done during that session.
  • Talked to Joe about being industrial CNC. Second candidate.
  • Kathryn just talked to Drew about Small Metals, building a team or co-hosts to share the work.
  • In summary - we are getting area hosts "hats in the ring"
  • Wait to add incoming board to shared accounts. Make a board transition Slack channel. Max just made it.
  • Alex to post Discourse vote. Any changes? Phase out period of 3 months.

Old Business

Votes

  • Officially instate Paul Ocampo as Vice President. Voted yes.