Board Policy on Events
The Board of Directors may, by majority vote, cancel any event or modify any aspect of an event, for any of the following reasons:
- The event or any aspect of it violates any law or any provision of a contract to which Pumping Station: One is a party.
- The event or any aspect of it violates any Pumping Station: One policy.
- The event or any aspect of it would be incompatible with rules governing 501(c)(3) organizations.
- The event or any aspect of it would be excluded from Pumping Station: One's insurance coverage, would void said coverage, or would cause an increase in premiums.
- An event or any aspect of it, in the Board's opinion, presents a significant risk of any of the above occurring, or the appearance of any of the above occurring.
If an event would incur additional insurance costs to hold, the Board may decide to pay these costs under existing spending authorizations, or pass on all or part of the costs to the event organizers as a condition for hosting the event.
[This policy was enacted by vote of the Board of Directors on April 21, 2015.]