Brother QL-720NW Label Printer
|Where||Art Lab next to other printer|
|Host Area||General Area|
The software to use to print to the label maker is called "P-Touch Editor" and is installed on the computer that runs the 3D printers.
Drivers and Software
- In order to print to the machine over the network you will need to download the matching driver and P-Touch Editor.
- You will be prompted to provide a serial number, which are bolded in the Serial Number in the Equipment Template on this page.
If you want to use the printer from an Android device, it is simple:
- From Google Play store download "Brother iPrint&Label"
- Make sure your Android device is connected to PS1's wifi network
- Start the software. When you first run it, it will want to locate the printer and will scan the local network to find it.
- Set the label size to 2.4" continuous
Today I was using the Simple Label function to print labels for the Tool Crib. You can adjust font, font size, etc. and enter the text you need on the label. I was printing two line labels using 40pt text.
I did notice that it trims VERY close to the first and last character, so I just added a leading and trailing space.
Replacement Label Rolls
I have ordered the DK4205 and the DK2205. We'll see which we like better. I think the difference between them is that 4205 is supposed to stick less (removable, etc.).