Compressed Air System Updates
The air system at the new shop has been.. for the most part, inherited. What we got was nice, which was a full shop air system using metal pipes. Sadly, we don't know much about it's history. All of the quick-disconnect fittings are of indeterminate age, and since we came from a space without shop air, we're at a shortage of tools to use the compressed air.
We need some hoses, some fresh QD fittings, and a small pile of adapters, and minor accessories to make the shop air a daily use thing, instead of a "well it means the laser cutter doesn't need a little compressor" thing.
2014-06-03 - Proposed
2014-06-10 - To be voted on
2014-06-10 - Failed to meet quorum. Editing and re-proposing.
2014-06-17 - Proposal
2014-06-24 - Vote passes
The desire is to provide suitable air to air tools and air driven devices around the space. We'd like to:
- Add "T" fittings and ball valves to each drop - This will provide a small water trap at each air line location.
- Purchase two desiccant air dryers. One to be kept in hot metals, the other to be portable, for paint, and more sensitive air source usage.
- Purchase inline oiler, so air tools will have a longer life.
- Purchase a small compliment of tools for use by the membership
- Paint guns (General purpose and HVLP)
- Blow guns
- Tire Inflator
- Die Grinder
- Cut off wheel
- Purchase real hoses to some drops to make cleanup/usage easier
- Purchase some general use hoses for around the space.
Note that the links in the above sheet are intended to provide price reference, and are not intended to indicate a purchase location.
The purpose of this vote is to provide funds to a trusted Representative of PS:1 to go and purchase air system related items including some basic tools so that the system can get more use by the membership. $915 is the proposed amount, to cover the items in the above list, or their equivalents, and their shipping costs. Installation will be handled by the members of PS:1. Any remaining funds will be returned to PS:1.
Authorize the board to spend $1000 on compressed air equipment and directly related costs. All receipts are to be attached below. Authorization expires 90 days after vote.
- https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=605 - $119.02
- https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=606 - $122.57
- https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=750 - $507.97
- https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=751 - $42.44
- https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=752 - $12.49
- First Harbor Freight order (awaiting email receipt) - $51.37
- Last HF order (awaiting email receipt) - $112.52
Running total: $968.38