|This information is out of date. Up-to-date IT information can be found here|
Whats inside the box
Comes in 3 pieces, connecting them well takes a solid thwak to the bottom.
There are 2 vga ports, use the one the lower port that is on the card, not the one that is onboard near the top of the tower.
Places that recovery disks and installation media might be located
- Desk in Arts & Crafts
- The Safe
Installing Windows 8
When you see "Please insert operating system recovery disk 1 into drive Y:, insert:
- Insert the disk labeleled "Windows 8 Recovery media for Windows 8 products (1) disk 1 of 2"
- Press F12 while the machine is booting to bring up the boot menu
- Select "Legacy: MATSHITA DVD-RAM SW830"
The following is the disk order for the recovery process:
- Windows 8 Recovery media for Windows 8 products (1) disk 1 of 2
- Operating System Recovery Disc Windows 8 Pro (OEM Activation 3.0 Required) (2) disk 1 of 2
- Operating System Recovery Disc Windows 8 Pro (OEM Activation 3.0 Required) (2) disk 2 of 2
- Windows 8 Recovery media for Windows 8 products (2) disk 1 of 2
You'll need to run Windows update through several 'update and restart' cycles to get to a point where you can install windows 8.1
- Log into the machine. If you're not at the start screen, press the start key on the keyboard.
- Type 'control panel' and press enter.
- Search the control panel (upper right of the window) for 'windows update'
- On the left hand column, click 'check for updates'
- Sometimes there will be an 'install updates' button, other times you'll need to click on the number of updates found.
- Repeat as many times as needed to finish out all updates
- In the start screen, go to 'store' and click the large banner offering a free upgrade to windows 8.1
Fixing the ICMPv6 Spam
When these machines sleep, they begin to spam the network with ICMPv6 packets. It seems that when 2 or more go to sleep, there is enough spam to disable wifi.
This fix is to install version 19 or later of the Intel Network Driver, available at \\fizzle\san\Intelnetworkdriver\ProW.exe (HEFTODO: get the correct link)
Adding the machine to the PS1 Domain
Adobe Creative Cloud
- Login and password are in the Lastpass repository accessible to board members