Diacro No3 bender
|This tool is no longer at the space. Back to list of Equipment|
Removed by owner
The DiAcro No3 Bender is a rotary bender capable of rapidly bending mild steel and softer metals into a variety of shapes. The machine uses a lever arm with a forming nose to press the work around specially shaped dies.
Warning: The listed dangers here are not exhaustive: it is your responsibility to assess each operation you perform at the DiAcro bender to determine any safety risks it may present, and take appropriate steps to mitigate those risks.
- pinch points
- The DiAcro No3 bender uses leverage to bend metal bars. If you get your fingers in the mechanism, they can get crushed or nipped off.
- Always ensure that NO ONE has body parts near the tools when operating the bender.
- flying metal
- The DiAcro bender uses leverage to generate high forces. Elements of the tool and the workpieces may slip or fracture sending metal fragments airborn.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses
- close toed shoes
- Working with hardened metals
- Working with abrasives (e.g. fiberglass, sandpaper etc.) If in doubt, ask the area host or tool owner
Note: Operations not explicitly prohibited in this document may be performed at the user’s risk. It is recommended that the user contact the area host or tool owner prior to performing unusual operations with the tool in order to get feedback on the proposed operation.
Diarco training document: File:DiAcroNo3BenderTrainingDocument.pdf
Currently Authorized Users
|Authorized Member||Trained By||training date|
|Tucker Tomlinson||Danger Committee|