General Area Wishlist
Tools members would like to see in the general area.
Low ticket items
- Bigger toilet seats
- Graffiti Wall
- Rotary tool bits (cut-off wheels; diamond grinding bit; sidecutter bit)
- Machine Screws (variety)
- Tape of all kinds
- Shop pencils
- Snap ring pliers internal/external with an assortment of different sized pins.
- Deep sockets 3/8 & 1/2 in SAE & metric. Impact would be nice.
- Ratcheting combination wrenches such as those made by Gearwrench. SAE & metric.
- Nichelson 8 Inch Mill Bastard File Files are cheap, very hard, and can cut almost anything. And sharp ones are safer. $4 each. --Nerobro (talk) 09:29, 10 January 2014 (CST)
- Ample small (think apothecary or old hardware store) drawers up to eye level for storing one kind of thing and only one kind of thing. Jason (talk) 14:09, 25 February 2014 (CST)
- Narrow shelves for holding shoebox plastic containers for hand tools and accessories — it's shameful that hand planes would be tossed onto a shelf with other junk — drills and their chucks, hammer drill handles, etc. should be kept together. Jason (talk) 14:09, 25 February 2014 (CST)
- Well-labeled larger cabinets for tools, cases, bulk consumables — however, we need to make sure that paint, solvents, glue, bottles, etc. be kept somewhere else so they're easy to find, but they're not tools and don't need to take up space that needs to be used efficiently. Jason (talk) 14:19, 25 February 2014 (CST)
- Zero open flat space — simply tossing a tool onto the pile is unacceptable. No open bins, no jars of nothing sitting out in the open. Jason (talk) 14:09, 25 February 2014 (CST)
- Dispensers for commonly used consumables like paper towels, rolled shop towels, disposable gloves, dust masks? Jason (talk) 14:19, 25 February 2014 (CST)
- Paint the floor with red danger area stripes indicating that it is unacceptable to leave anything on the floor or obstructing the aisle. Jason (talk) 14:09, 25 February 2014 (CST)
- Cage must have some kind of enclosure to keep dust and chips out — even masonite would be fine as long as people aren't throwing junk on the top. Jason (talk) 14:09, 25 February 2014 (CST)