Hot Metal Shop Plans for 2019
These are the ideas and goals I'm looking forward to in 2019 for the Hot Metal Shop. Folks can add items and as items are done (or deferred or just outright abandoned) they should be struck out with a date so everyone knows what the status is.
All the things that make a nice environment to work in
- New table to replace the sad one holding up the powder coating oven as valiantly as it can
- Revitalize the sand blasting cabinet (
new dust collection system(thanks to Mike!) and gloves)
- LED lighting by the racks (already have the light strip, just gotta put it together)
- Concerto-based screen for HMS-specific stuff (need RPi and screen) mounted on wall
- Fusion360 post processor for CNC plasma machine
- More Canvas courses (Intro to welding (mig and tig), CNC Plasma)
Worth the Ol' College Try
Getting the Emerson bandsaw to cut straight- Thanks to Mike Skilton for taking care of this!
- THC working on the CNC plasma
- Rearrange the tool cart
- More contributed art on the walls
- WPA-inspired safety signage
- Proper ventilation
- Keeping the shop clean
Here we keep track of the things we might look into buying. Likely everything in this section is a vote.
- Power hammer for forge
- New sand blasting cabinet
Ideas From Innocent Bystanders
You have ideas and you don't have to deal with the consequences. List them here!
- Quench/heat treat oil container for the forge