Hot Metal Shop Plans for 2019
These are the ideas and goals I'm looking forward to in 2019 for the Hot Metal Shop. Folks can add items and as items are done (or deferred or just outright abandoned) they should be struck out with a date so everyone knows what the status is.
All the things that make a nice environment to work in
- New table to replace the sad one holding up the powder coating oven as valiantly as it can
Revitalize the sand blasting cabinet (<s>new dust collection system(thanks to Michael Skilton!) and gloves)</s> - Replaced with Big_Blasting_Cabinet
- LED lighting by the racks (already have the light strip, just gotta put it together)
Concerto-based screen for HMS-specific stuff (need RPi and screen) mounted on wall- Done as of 3/3/2019
- Fusion360 post processor for CNC plasma machine
- More Canvas courses (Intro to welding (mig and tig), CNC Plasma)
Worth the Ol' College Try
Getting the Emerson bandsaw to cut straight- Thanks to Michael Skilton for taking care of this!
THC working on the CNC plasma- Thanks to Michael Skilton for taking care of this!
- Rearrange the tool cart
- More contributed art on the walls
WPA-inspired safety signageA more modernist version was contributed by Mark; I have some WPA images on the HMS screen ;)
- Proper ventilation
- Keeping the shop clean
Here we keep track of the things we might look into buying. Likely everything in this section is a vote.
- Power hammer for forge
New sand blasting cabinetBig_Blasting_Cabinet
Ideas From Innocent Bystanders
You have ideas and you don't have to deal with the consequences. List them here!
- Quench/heat treat oil container for the forge