|IMPORTANT: The content of this page is outdated. If you have checked or updated this page and found the content to be suitable, please remove this notice.|
If you want to join PS1 as a member, there's a bit on the main web site about that:
For a bit more detail, check out the New Member Orientation page
Big bullet points
- You must start paying dues at either the full rate of $70 per month or the Starving Hacker rate at $40 per month.
- We used to use PayPal, but not anymore. Phased out starting in 2018. Some members may still be paying with PayPal, but it isn't accepted for new memberships anymore.
- Now (2018+) PS1 uses a Wild Apricot-driven member management system with credit or debit card recurring payments managed (at the moment) with Stripe payment processing.
- You must sign a liability waiver. https://app.waiverforever.com/pending/PMdbLqcKFq1491518230
- You must have a government-issued ID card checked by 2 authorized members: either board members or one of the non-board authorized ID checkers. Best bet is to show up at a Tuesday night meeting at 8 for a tour and to see plenty of authorized ID-checking members.
- If you can't make it on a Tuesday night, your next-best steps are either to email email@example.com or just show up to events that are open to the public and chance finding one or two admins there. The odds are not so bad.
- The next-most-certain time to find 2 ID checkers is the Orientation held the third Sunday of the month at 4 pm.
- You agree to follow our bylaws, membership agreement, and policies. You must support the mission of PS1 and agree to the requirements of the Anti-Harassment Policy and the Membership Agreement.