Laser cutter reservation system
|This page is a candidate for deletion. The given reason is: This is so defunct.
This notice should remain for a minimum of 1 week after it was placed on the page. If discussion is still ongoing, it should remain until a consensus is reached, after which the page will either be deleted or this notice removed.
If you disagree with its deletion, please discuss your reasons on this page or on its associated talk page, as applicable.
Help delete other pages by visting Category:Candidates_for_deletionLast edit by Dbever (talk · contrib) · Last edited on Mon, 13 Oct 2014 21:30:26 +0000
Have you noticed the laser cutter has been super busy lately? Having trouble finding a time that it's free to make crazy awesome stuff? Well now you can reserve time here on this Google calendar: https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=u6384r6c7uu18d2m06u69is4pg%40group.calendar.google.com
There are a few rules to help all members get their chance to make use of this very popular machine:
1. Reservations are for up to 1 hour of time.
- Reservations can be made up to 1 hour before the requested time.
- If you need to cancel your reservation, do it as early as possible to free up the space.
2. Please leave a 1 hour opening between your reservations.
- You cannot book 3 hours straight, but you can reserve the 1st and 3rd hours you want to use it.
- If no one reserves the hour opening between your two reservations or shows up and asks really nicely to get some time in, you can work through the break into your next reservation.
- As long as there is an hour break in between your reservations you could technically book every other hour for as long as you need; there is no limit on your total time per day.
3. You should arrive a little earlier than your reservation.
- Just in case someone else is using the cutter and is unaware of your reservation.
- Kindly let them know you have a reservation in a little while and let them finish up what they are in the process of doing.
4. If you are not going to make it, please cancel your reservation so someone else can book that time.
- People may be aware of your reservation and be waiting for your reservation to end to use the laser, but if you cancel your appointment they can get going sooner.
5. If you make a reservation, please show up.
- It is not cool to block out time just because you might, maybe, possibly, think about using the laser at that time.
6. Tuesdays from 6-9 are a free-for-all.
- This gives us a chance to do demos and whatnot.
This will take a little time to get used to and for people to default to, so please be patient. We are working on ways to make it easier to see who has reservations & when while in the laser printer area.