Much like the mead session from Mead 2014.04, we had a bunch of people who made their own 1 gallon batches. I didn't actually record anything during the event, so now I'm going to try and get it all in from memory (yeah right).
- Style: Mead
- Codename: Myriad of Meads, part deux
- Brewmaster: Justin Conroy
- Type: Honey Wine
- Brewed: 2016-01-10
Those who stuck through thick and thin:
Other people who hung around to watch but decided to make their mead later:
Each participant had slightly different techniques for their brew. I didn't actually keep track of what everyone was doing for their recipes, so I'm just going to record my own. Other people can add to this if they want to.
Type: Pure Mead. No added flavors.
- 3 lbs (48oz) Sunny Hill Clover Honey
- Distilled Water
- 1 Tsp Yeast Nutrient (Urea and Diammonium Phosphate)
- 25 mL Wyeast Dry Mead Yeast
- Place the honey while still sealed in the bottle in warm water to loosen up the honey.
- Add about 1/2 gallon of room temperature distilled water to the glass carboy that will be used for fermenting.
- Mix all of the honey in. Shaking was required to get all of the honey to dissolve in the water.
- Add distilled water to get mixture up to about 1 gallon.
- Add yeast.
- Stopper up with an airlock and let sit for 2-3 weeks to ferment.
- Initial Gravity: 1.090 (that might be a little off. I wrote it on the carboy, but didn't bring the number home with me :-P)
- Racking Gravity: ???
- Final Gravity: ???
- Primary ferment: 1 gallon Carboy
- 1tsp Yeast Nutrient (Diammonium Phosphate)
- 25mL Wyeast Dry Mead Yeast