Meeting Notes 2011-03-22
|<< Meeting Notes 2011-03-15||2011 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2011-03-29 >>|
Meeting started at 8:02
- New People: John, read about us and hackerspaces and wanted to see us in person. Does computers but wants to do woodworking, electronics, lockpicking
- William, goes to Columbia for interactive media working on a large mural sized light bright. Wanted to come here for ideas and help.
- Zachery, been taking apart computers and rebuilding them for home theaters.
- J.P design networks by day, like building things, an incubator company in Philly told him about us, like to learn woodworking.
- Ravia, works with MSI and the Fab Lab.
- Workshop build out on hold.
- Element 14 Project Shawn needs help with video editing.
- Instructables and pro memberships. 7 left.
- Soap Making class March 24th at 6pm has sold out.
- Quorum rule changes vote:
Full Members have the option at any time to become Non-Voting Members, or thereafter to re-activate as a voting Full Member, by emailing our voting account (email@example.com) or notifying the Board of Directors. Non-Voting Members will not be counted when calculating whether quorum has been reached.
Full Members who have not attended a meeting or voted by proxy or in absentia for three consecutive months will automatically become Non-Voting Members until they re-activate by either voting or attending a meeting. Non-Voting Members who become Non-Voting by choice can only re-activate by emailing our voting account or by notifying the Board of Directors. As a convenience, Non-Voting Members *can* opt-in to voting for any issue without revoking their Non-Voting status. They will count toward quorum for any vote in which they participate.
Board members are not eligible to become Non-Voting Members. Records of member attendance and voting will be maintained by the Secretary.
- Passed 21 to 3
- Teacher reward vote:
Teaching a class of three or more attendees gets 1 Point. Only one member can receive a Point award per class.
- Passed 17 to 1 with 2 present
- Global hackerspace challenge update: Biosensor array for DIY biology. Application was approved. Research has started. Conference call tomorrow with all the hackerspaces. Contact Avner for more info.
- Financial/membership report member count is 59 Members 17 Starving 42 Full.
- Blinkies Class April 9th details soon.
- Milwaukee Makerspace grand opening and mini-maker fair Saturday April 9 noon - 10pm possible car pooling.
- Potluck next week! "Recursion"
- Circuit hacking. Wednesday, March 23rd @ 7:00pm
- Haskell Class with Robert Lee. Thursday March 24th @ 8:00pm
- Soap Making. Thursday, March 24th @ 6:00pm
- Knitting meet-up. Monday, March 28th @ 7:00pm
- Potluck Tuesday, March 29th after the general meeting.
- Lockpicking with Robert Lee. Wednesday, March 30th @ 8:00pm
- Flourish open-source conference at UIC, April 1st-3rd full schedule on the web. Volunteers? Avner, Nathan, Anne.
- Blinkies Class Saturday, April 9th
- Esperanto presentation Wednesday, April 27th
Meeting Adjourned at 8:24