Meeting Notes 2010-05-04
|<< Meeting Notes 2010-04-20||2010 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2010-05-18 >>|
Come to Order - 8:05 PM
- Evil Joel
- Chris L.
- Brian L.
- Crowdsourced Member Project: Location Hunting
- Shawn has been scoping new larger spaces we can tour soon - around $5/sf/yr
- Looking for places close-ish to our current space
- Places at around $4,000/month are cheapest per square foot
- Want a space we wont outgrow soon
- Crowdsourced Member Project: Fundraising
- To afford this new space, we need to fundraise ($15,000 for the move)
- Need to diversify our income - corporate sponsorships etc.
- Possible corporate memberships - monthly memberships to use on off-hours
- Rent out space or sections of space - classrooms/darkrooms etc.
- Geek Prom update? (Anne)
- Hunt for location & date (June or July). Tell your ideas to Anne.
- 300 SofF
- Sign up with Anne if you want to speak
- Vermiculture class: May 6th - Purchase Tickets by April 27th.
- Powerwheels (Shawn)
- Mini-race in June
- Unusual musical instrument jam - Friday after next
- Hackathon - come on feel the noise - Saturday after next
- Amazon payments - failed. Sign up through paypal!
- Mitch Altman soldering workshop - TVBGone/ Brain Machine/ etc. Wednesday TOMORROW at 8:00PM
- FRED talk - Everything you wanted to know about supercomputers by Dr. Sternberg: TODAY after the mtg.