Meeting Notes 2010-08-10
|<< Meeting Notes 2010-08-03||2010 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2010-08-17 >>|
Come to Order - 8:06pm
- Its important to fail informatively - Willow
- New space tour: impressions?
- large space, 4500 SF, 3000$
- VIMBY challenge update
- Challenge is basically to 'hack something'
- I-Fi update
- Gave out the rest of the devices
- Quarum? 8 online + 10 here = quarum acheived
- Voting proposal (Nathan)
Abstract: This motion is intended to expedite the process of doing business with outside entities by empowering the President and Board to decide the viability of various fundraising opportunities. While not explicitly limited to fundraising, any contract that doesn't place any risk on Pumping Station: One is eligible under this amendment.
Language: The President, acting in the best interest of Pumping Station: One, is hereby authorized at the discretion of the board to enter in contractual agreements on behalf of Pumping Station: One where no liability or financial commitment is assumed by the organization. Agreements which include a clause placing risk on the organization such as fines for breach of contract or claims to property as recourse, for example, are not eligible to be approved by the board. Upon entering in a contract on behalf of Pumping Station: One, the President is required to immediately notify the membership and make a signed copy available for review.
The President is strongly encouraged to continue consulting with the membership on such issues, but will not require full member approval. This motion is intended to expedite business operations where no risk is assumed.
This motion, upon approval will amend the bylaws by classifying the above as a vote assigned to the Board of Directors and empower the office of the President accordingly.
YEA: 6 online + 6 present NAY: 2 onilne + 2 present PRESENT: 3 Passes
- 300 Seconds of Fame TODAY(Anne)
- Circuit hacking class each 2nd & 4th Wednesdays @ 7pm(Drew)
- Wednesday Aug 25th: Mitch Altman and Jimmy are coming to teach a soldering class
- Thursday, August 12th: Haskell class with Robert Lee
- Friday, August 13th: Unusual Instrument Jam
- Wednesday Aug 18th, Lockpicking @ 7pm
- BarCamp August 21st & 22nd. Like a hackathon with 200 people and beer (Tim) 215 W Ohio
- Hackathon Aug 21st and 22nd --> moved to BarCamp
- Workshop88 open house/hackathon August 21st
- 5th Tuesday the 31st: Potluck
- Aerofest in September - look it up and get it on our calendar