Meeting Notes 2011-03-15
|<< Meeting Notes 2011-03-08||2011 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2011-03-22 >>|
Meeting started at 8:04pm
- New People: Charlie student at Columbia, is here to research our subculture.
- Workshop build out on hold.
- Element 14 Project proposals. Alternative/ renewable energy projects. Talk to Shawn.
- Instructables and pro memberships. 4 left.
- Soap Making class date change to March 24th at 6pm
- Quorum rule changes. Discussions from the mailing list. Current wording:
Full Members have the option at any time to become Non-Voting Members, or thereafter to re-activate as a voting Full Member, by emailing our voting account (firstname.lastname@example.org) or notifying the Board of Directors. Non-Voting Members will not be counted when calculating whether quorum has been reached. Full Members who have not attended a meeting or voted by proxy or in absentia for three consecutive months will automatically become Non-Voting Members until they re-activate by either voting or attending a meeting. Non-Voting Members who become Non-Voting by choice can only re-activate by emailing our voting account or by notifying the Board of Directors. As a convenience, Non-Voting Members *can* opt-in to voting for any issue without revoking their Non-Voting status. They will count toward quorum for any vote in which they participate. Board members are not eligible to become Non-Voting Members. Records of member attendance and voting will be maintained by the Secretary.
Vote is for next week.
- Global hackerspace challenge update: Biosensor array for DIY biology. Application is in.
- Financial/membership report member count is 59 Members 17 Starving 42 Full. $12,221 in the bank
- General business cards design by Jim on hold. $40 expenditure approved.
- Sticker purchase (1000 for $145 + a bit for shipping) and Business cards: Reimbursement Passed.
- DNS renewal. $5.99 Expenditure passed
- Blinkies Class April 9th
- Robotics SIG robot meetup was a success. Plans for world domination were discussed. Robot demos in the future.
- CNC group and Makerbot meetup was a success this past Saturday.
- Lockpicking with Robert Lee. Wednesday, March 16th @ 8:00pm
- Knitting meet-up. Monday, March 21st @ 7:00pm
- Circuit hacking. Wednesday, March 23rd @ 7:00pm
- Haskell Class with Robert Lee. Thursday March 24th @ 8:00pm
- Soap Making. Thursday, March 24th @ 6:00pm
- Flourish open-source conference at UIC, April 1st-3rd full schedule on the web. Volunteers? Avner, Nathan, Anne.
- Blinkies Class Saturday, April 9th
- Esperanto presentation Wednesday, April 27th
Meeting Adjourned at 8:18 pm