Meeting Notes 2011-03-29
|<< Meeting Notes 2011-03-22||2011 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2011-04-05 >>|
Meeting started at 8:04
- Board Introductions
- New People: Marcio, works with Drew, wants to help, does video, graphic design, art.
- Matt, knows Rhys, works for a software company downtown, going to defcon and thotcon and DJs.
- Dan, knows Rhys, senior engineer, Unix, windows, VMX.
- Bella, came with Matt, just finished a Hat she knitted.
- Aaron, computer nerd, gets paid to play with computers, interested in hacking and pulling stuff apart.
- Matt, does tech support, likes to break shit.
- Greg, likes to make stuff, built a CNC mill, likes to work with electronics, and making things better than they were. Like a hacked nook.
- Workshop build out April, 9th
- Element 14 Project Shawn
- Instructables and pro memberships. 7 left.
- Global hackerspace challenge update: Biosensor array for is under construction. Avner
- Financial/membership report member count is 58 Members 17 Starving 41 Full.
- Blinkies Class April 9th 5pm.
- Milwaukee Makerspace grand opening and mini-maker fair Saturday April 9 noon - 10pm possible car pooling. Powerwheels race.
- Potluck "Recursion"
- Potluck Tonight, after the general meeting.
- Intro to Python Wednesday, March 30th @ 7:00pm
- Flourish open-source conference at UIC, April 1st-3rd full schedule on the web. Volunteers? Avner, Nathan, Anne.
- Knitting meet-up. Monday, April 4th @ 7:00pm
- Blinkies Class Saturday, April 9th @ 5:00pm
- Circuit hacking. Wednesday, April 13th @ 7:00pm
- Haskell Class with Robert Lee. Thursday April 14th @ 8:00pm
- PS1 Aniversary April 15th after THOTCON
- Esperanto presentation Wednesday, April 27th
Meeting Adjourned at 8:20 pm