Meeting Notes 2011-04-05
|<< Meeting Notes 2011-03-29||2011 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2011-04-12 >>|
Meeting started at 8:00pm
- Board Introductions
- New People: Michael, film maker, wants to build lighting apparatus
- Pete brought in by dan wands to do RFID
- Dan security consultant, likes electronics, robotics, hacking, security.
- Rick, IT consultant, likes to build and craft and check out the place
- Casey, tech enthusiast, likes the collaboration creative environment. Does programming.
- Drew, software developer, does security.
- Daniel, student, call him crimson, likes microcontrolers has projects in the pipe.
- Chris, worked for threadless, wants to join now that his son older.
- Eric has proposal for incentives for bringing in new members. Discussion has moved to the mailing list.
- Workshop build out April, 9th 10am.
- Instructables and pro memberships. 6 left.
- Acknowledgments -- NathanAvner
- Wiki page has been updated and reorganized.
- Check the blog for the global hackerspace challenge.
- Financial/membership report member count is 62 Members 25 Starving 37 Full.
- Milwaukee Makerspace grand opening and mini-maker fair Saturday April 9 noon - 10pm Who wants to car pool? Powerwheels race. PS1 has entry. "Micro CHiP" Lindsay is driving.
- PS1 aniversary party needs help planning. Rhys/Tim/Lindsay?
- Sacha also needs co working space for $100 a month
- PS1 Maker Faire - San Mateo presence? (School Factory - Space Federation! NASA Hackerspace Challenge!)
- Dans announcement!
- PS1 now as a mine craft server!
- Lockpicking Wednesday, April 6th @ 7:00pm
- Mitch Altman Thursday, April 7th @ 7:00pm
- Blinkies Class Saturday, April 9th @ 5:00pm
- Hackathon for Thotcon projects (& yours!), April 9th @ 9:00pm
- Knitting meet-up. Monday, April 11th @ 7:00pm
- 300 Seconds of Fame. Tuesday, April 12th after meetings
- Circuit hacking. Wednesday, April 13th @ 7:00pm
- Haskell Class with Robert Lee. Thursday April 14th @ 8:00pm
- PS1 Aniversary April 15th after THOTCON
- Esperanto presentation Wednesday, April 27th
Meeting Adjourned at 8:24 pm