Meeting Notes 2011-04-26
|<< Meeting Notes 2011-04-19||2011 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2011-05-03 >>|
Meeting started at 8:00pm
- Board Introductions
- New People: Michael enthusiast and wanna be engineer does woodworking and programming.
- Michael enthusiast built things that ended up in make mag. The Leave Me Alone Box: http://www.leavemealonebox.com/
- John does market research, but likes to paint, program, wants to 3d print.
- Stuart does data mining want to learn robotics.
- Eldon iPhone developer likes programmer.
- Sam does robotics and wants to do something with it.
- Aaron studied physics but wants to build synthesizers. Ships cook on the windy.
- Stevedore does robotics found out about us through videos on element14
- Wendy wants to learn what we do
- Christopher does web hostings but wants to build a robotic sail boat.
- Eric plays with robots, software, AI, wants to turn his skills to evil!
- Eric he codes grew up in the north east. Kept hearing about us and wanted to see the group. Newest member
- Financial/membership report member count is 72 Members 31 Starving 41 Full.
- ScribbleJ on RepRap super-massive-omg-build-party-thing-stuff. June 18th rep-rap build-a-thon. Cost will be $350-500
- Hack and Cheese. Sacha A competition for making Mac and cheese the fastest. Plan is for the competition after a meeting.
- Reminder: Points for fundraising and teaching. Videos count: talk amongst your group, send info@ who gets what.
- Space cleanliness reminder!
- Fab Lab Tour May 7th @ 1:00pm. RSVP via the web. Dan.
- Vote: Grant funds to renew insurance for PS1's operating space $914.
- Hosting proposal to Spend no more than $30 for hosting
- OLPC meeting last Saturday was a success and OLPCs are awesome. Eric.
- Smart phone left in the bathroom
- How shawn got an Erdos number and Kevin Bacon number
- No Circuit Hacking April 27th.
- Esperanto presentation Wednesday, April 27th - Bill starting @ 7pm
- Haskell Class with Robert Lee. Thursday April 28th @ 8:00pm
- Knitting meet-up and Origami class. Monday, May 2nd @ 7:00pm
- Fab Lab Tour May 7th @ 1:00pm
- BarCamp July 9th.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:26pm