Meeting Notes 2011-09-20
|<< Meeting Notes 2011-09-13||2011 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2011-09-27 >>|
Meeting started at 8:02pm
- Board Introductions
- New People: Norm used to the the VP of hardware development, now an entrepreneur and wanted to check out the place.
- Mark, teaches senior design at northwestern.
- Brian an electrical engineer, wants to use the laser cutter for embedded electronics.
- Laura is here to support Brian.
- Martin is a programmer wanted to find a place to do physical stuff.
- Bylaw change for removal of term limits for the treasurer. Ideas are removal for all positions/ just treasurer, exemptions/extensions once a year, parliament votes of no confidence. Discussion moving to the list.
- Steve went to the how to make a Maker Faire thing. Needs
- PPPRS Summit Jim + Kickstarter - Be enthusiastic Jim or else!
- Jen pen testing report. A hole was found but security was improved and the problem was fixed.
- Element 14 Video: Robotics/MEMS/Sensing this month. Medical for October! Bio sensor anyone?
- Lock Picking Wednesday, September 21st @ 8:00pm
- Haskell Programming Thursday, September 22nd @ 8:00pm
- Circuit Hacking Wednesday, September 21st @7pm
- Ignite is coming up soon (October?)
- Rick has a bike maintenance class October
- Movie Night Saturday, October 1st @ Noon to Midnight - 12 Hours of Horror!
- BarCamp Milwaukee October 1-2 - Social networking for spaces hack-a-thon!
- 300 Seconds of fame Tuesday October 10th, after the meeting
- DIY CNC Night Wednesday, October 12th @ 7:00pm
- Steam Park Carnivale October 21st Details on the list.
- Put your garbage away now and stack your chairs.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:39pm