Meeting Notes 2011-12-13
|<< Meeting Notes 2011-12-06||2011 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2012-01-03 >>|
Meeting started at 8:01 pm
- Board Introductions
- New People: Michael just checking the place out. Used to make robots for DARPA.
- Eric interested in Arduinos, is making musical stairs, works for a Museum
- Steve lives near by works with eric wants to work with computers and hobby stuff wanted to check out the space
- Patrick interested in lockpicking, hardware mods, and programming.
- Last meeting of the year!!!!! WOOT!!!!11!!
- Christina Mini Maker Faire April 21st. Southside. Carl Shures High Schools. In between Notacon and Thotcon. Call for makers will be end of December
- Shop electricity is half done - Tim still busted. Will use wire tracer.
- Collection for Zach - Avner
- Freescale competition - If we come up with a cool project they will pay for its components
- 2012 Board Eligibility - Annual Meeting Jan. 17 be part of the change/decision/whatever. 72 people eligible!!
- 300 Seconds to take place after the meeting!!!! - Ok I'm done with exclamation marks
- Robert enters into the record "I also think that the membership should note that Rhys is in fact the incarnated hatter from Alice in Wonderland."
- $500 budget for each area for next year to proposed and discussion is on the list. Anne and Shawn variants.
- Yea=6+ 19 = 25
- Nea=1 + 2 = 3
- Present= 1
- Safe space agreement was proposed and will be posted on the list. Anne and Shawn variants.
- Fabric dying class possibly the 8th
- Will almost done with his game and cut cookies with the lazor!
- Shawn showed a space available near the California Blue line stop.
- 300 seconds of fame after the meeting! - Just one last exclimation
- DIY CNC Night Wednesday, December 14th @ 7:00pm cool talks tomorrow.
- Haskell Programming on hold till next year
- Lock Picking Wednesday, on hold till next year
- Every third Sunday will be Chicago Open Science 6pm
- No meeting the 20th or 27th but doors will be open. Next meeting will be Jan 3rd.
- Jan 10th 300 seconds of fame is the election edition.
- Put your garbage away now and stack your chairs
- Happy Holidays everyone. No, seriously have a Happy Holiday or else.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:45 pm