Meeting Notes 2012-01-03
|<< Meeting Notes 2011-12-13||2012 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2012-01-10 >>|
Meeting started at 8:02 pm
- Board Introductions Membership totals 101. 45 starving 56 full.
- New People: Sam, social worker, interested in making things he can hold.
- Bruce, saw it on a meet up and wanted to see what people are working on. Has a PhD in physics.
- Eric, student of mathmatics, wants to build something.
- Patrick, teaches the lock picking class, is a software guy doing hardware for fun
- Crystal, micro bio PhD, and does lock picking
- Jake, paramedic, wantds to build wood working stuff.
- 2012 Board Eligibility - Annual Meeting Jan. 17 be part of the change/decision/whatever. 72 people eligible!!
- 300 Seconds to take place next week. Candidates get 5 minutes. Last chances to nominate!
- Freescale - Brian
- New space - Brian 3517 N. Elston.
- Steve said Maker Fair is official August 5th.
- Drill press is fixed
- Allow Ishmael Rufus to exceed the three-year term limit in order to serve one more term as treasurer
- Yea Proxy 5+ 14=19
- Nay 1
- Present 2
- Lock Picking Wednesday, February 1st 7pm
- Movie Night Saturday January 7th 2012 @ 7pm
- Fabric dying class. Sunday Jan 8th @ 2pm
- Chicago NetSquared event January 9 @ 6pm-8pm
- January 10th is 300 seconds of fame is the election edition.
- DIY CNC Night Wednesday, January 11th @ 7:00pm
- Haskell Programming Thursday, January 12th @ 8pm
- Contact microphone building workshop Saturday, January 14th @ 3pm
- Sunday 15th January Chicago Open Science @ 6pm
- Put your garbage away now and stack your chairs
- Happy Frackin New Year!
Meeting Adjourned at 8:54 pm