Meeting Notes 2012-01-10
|<< Meeting Notes 2012-01-03||2012 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2012-01-17 >>|
Meeting started at 8:06 pm
- Board Introductions Membership total starving full.
- New People: Jessica grad from Cranbrook opened a design gallery in Berwin. Here for the laser cutter
- James Grad in CS wanted to check out the space
- Gary ham radio and welding is what he wants to do.
- Sam wants to do wood working and laser cutting
- Dylan moved to Chicago does machine design and wants to make things out of wood.
- Rachel wants to use the laser cutter. Designs jewelry.
- Eric from the Co-lab evanston. Heard about us from Ben.
- Gabe at university for biology and wants to get in to wood and metal working.
- Christie wanted to check out the place.
- Ruben does software but want to socialize and work with metal and wood and lasers.
- Michael is here from Canada to check out the hackers space
- Same for Noah from South Korea!
- 2012 Board Eligibility - Last chance for nominations!
- 300 Seconds after meeting. Candidates get 5 minutes.
- Nominations are now closed.
- $25 Raspberry Pie linux box is now for sale.
- New "Lockers" available!
- Maker Fair call for makers!
- January 10th is 300 seconds of fame is the election edition.
- DIY CNC Night Wednesday, January 11th @ 7:00pm
- Haskell Programming Thursday, January 12th @ 8pm
- Nintendo 3DS Meetup Saturday, January 14th @1pm
- Contact microphone building workshop Saturday, January 14th @ 3pm
- Sunday 15th January Chicago Open Science @ 6pm
- Clean Up Day January 28th
- Lock Picking Wednesday, February 1st 7pm
- Lecture on Stories from the Trenches of Entrepreneurship ship Feb 15th
- Put your garbage away now and stack your chairs
- Vote Quimby!
Meeting Adjourned at 8:25 pm