Meeting Notes 2012-05-01
|<< Meeting Notes 2012-04-17||2012 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2012-05-08 >>|
Meeting Begin: 08:00 pm
- Tim announced that the new lease is extremely close to being signed.
- The present landlord has been given 30 days notice
- we will need to sign up to help move stuff
- Tim mentioned that Zach from Inventables made a last minute offer to give us free, or extremely cheap, space at his new building
- The board discussed the issue on the mailing list and at an emergency meeting on Sunday
- It was decided that it was too late in the new space negotiation process and that the offer wasn't final enough
- Zach does not have a building picked out yet and doesn't have the funds raised yet.
- We will continue to work with Zach on other things in the future.
- Steve announced that he has received the official Maker Faire license from Make Magazine.
- They have ~$70,000 in funding at this point
- They are looking for funding and makers
- Follow his Twitter account if you're interesting in being involves @MMFEVANSTON
- he has ~32 followers already
- Tim introduced the board
- Tim had the new people introduce themselves
- Various members made announcements
Meeting End: 08:40 pm