Meeting Notes 2013-06-11
|<< Meeting Notes 2013-06-04||2013 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2013-06-18 >>|
Meeting Begin: 08:23
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- Introduce the present board and area hosts.
- New members/visitors introduce themselves
- Announce events from the calendar.
- Anyone have an event or thing to announce? Now's the time, 1 minute max each.
- We'll be having a work day with a licensed electrician directing us on how to fix the electrical wiring and code issues we have soon. If you're interested, email president@. That's happening soon we hope. We have some volunteers recorded already.
- How'd that kitchen day go?
- Bryanna is accepting kitchen area host applications, decision from the board on 6/18.
- Applications currently accepted for next week. Email vicePresident@ for details.
- We can't use the dumpster in the loading dock. We can use the one outside the back door. Especially don't dump paints or plasters in any dumpster. If you did that, then go take care of it. Who wants to put up a sign? Someone volunteer please.
- Aimtron tour, saturday? [do not announce if not confirmed]
- According to our legal counsel, underage members is a severe risk. Our insurance agent was not OK with unsupervised children - suggested we would have a serious risk. https://trello.com/card/underage-members-issue/510877428ebe664a210056e5/84
- Reminder: non-members are not permitted to use tools. You being there does not make them temporarily a member. Don't allow it - especially if you're bringing someone in to work with you regularly. Don't misuse tools, this isn't your shop, it's everyone's shop.
Tours for Visitors
- Adam will give official tour (make sure liability forms have been signed and that emergency contact info is filled out)
- Eric intro's what ps1 is
- eric intos board
- visitors/new member intro
- eric goes over the next weeks events -- see google calendar
- We have kitchen walls! With cash money from the budget left over! Yay!
- More blacksmithing classes are to come-
- eric announces that we're going to have to make a decision about minors as members. solicits comments/discussion.
- eric reminds you can't bring your friends in here to use our tools if they aren't members. This includes the laser cutter. they aren't certified, and they aren't members who pay for the upkeep of the space. you can bring guests to hang out with you and for events.
Meeting End: 08:57