Meeting Notes 2013-07-09
|<< Meeting Notes 2013-07-02||2013 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2013-07-16 >>|
Meeting Begin: 08:22
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- Introduce the present board and area hosts.
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Announce events from the calendar.
- Anyone have an event or thing to announce? Now's the time, 1 minute max each.
- next nerp will be a show and tell about the PS:1 entry in the hackerspace challenge. We'll highlight use of the QT4 framework and gui tools on the Beagle Bone Black to run the stepper motors on the pick and place machine -plus- we'll also have a tour of the mechanical system. If you don't think of it that's fine, too. It'll be posted on the list.
- announce that people need to be excellent not just to each other but also to our neighborhood. our neighbors are part of our community and we can't have flak with them that we can avoid. Try not to run loud things with either back door open if you can, and we are not permitted to park in the alley. This wasn't clear before, but here is now. Anyone want to volunteer to make signs directing PS1 members not to park out back?
Tours for Visitors
- Adam will give official tour (make sure liability forms have been signed and that emergency contact info is filled out)
- Eric intros ps1 and present board members and area hosts
- New visitors and members intro themselves
- Eric announces next 6 day's events, see ps1 calendar for more info
- Eric announces the statement above that members need to act like normal socially functional people and not pick fights with our neighbors, because thats jerky and crazy and not excellent. (Hailey's paraphrasing)
Meeting End: 08:38