Meeting Notes 2013-07-16
|<< Meeting Notes 2013-07-09||2013 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2013-07-23 >>|
Meeting Begin: 08:xx
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- Introduce the present board and area hosts.
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Announce events from the calendar.
- Anyone have an event or thing to announce? Now's the time, 1 minute max each.
- Policy on Minors Vote 3 votes
Tours for Visitors
- Adam will give official tour (make sure liability forms have been signed and that emergency contact info is filled out)
- Eric introduced the area hosts that were present
- Eric asked the new people to introduce themselves
And they did.
- Eric made announcements:
- Open house tonight until midnight or whenever people leave
- Tour after the meeting, Steve Farkas to conduct it
- Knitting lab with shellie lewis, wednesday at 7pm
- Thursday night, cnc build club. Make With Moto will be there for a gonzo build.
- Newbie Orientation on Thursday at 7pm. In depth introduction to the space.
- Monday 8pm, Pumping Station Yum!
- Saturday July 20th, Chicago LUG at Noon.
- Analog Game night, Saturday at 7pm, hosted by Will. Playing board games with snacks.
- Math office hours. Sunday at 5pm. There will be a presentation on how RSA encryption works.
- Sunday July 28th, Newbie orientation.
- Ryan asked if anyone has Liquid Nitrogen safety equipment. There was a discussion.
Votes: Policy on Minors Vote
- Eric described the vote and reasoning behind it, then read the text of the vote in three parts. After all were read, the votes were held.
- Joel was concerned that this be a starting point of this policy, not the end.
- Joel was also concerned that we specify 18 as the age of majority for our members in the bylaws, he'd like it to be more flexible.
- Jay asked how this would impact existing events with young attendees, namely math office hours and the linux users group.
Meeting End: 9:00