Meeting Notes 2013-08-20
|<< Meeting Notes 2013-08-13||2013 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2013-08-27 >>|
Meeting Begin: 08:07
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- Introduce the present board and area hosts.
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Chicago Artist's Month event.
- Our new CNC area host is Elizabeth Koprucki!
- Go over the things that need doing in the shop on Trello
- Anyone have an event or thing to announce? Now's the time, 1 minute max each.
- Who has been awesome? Call them out now.
- Member leaving announcement.
- Any questions?
Tours for Visitors
- Adam will give official tour (make sure liability forms have been signed and that emergency contact info is filled out)
- visitors and new members introduce themselves
- intro of the board
- chicago artist month event will happen here thanks to Rhonda Jackson- check out her posting on the mailing list- there is also a trello board on the topic
- Joel announces the Linux meeting Saturday Aug 24th at noon
- Adam is looking for volunteers for the Family Science Expo at the end of September- Des Plaines Public library
- Ed announces NERP will be next monday
- This Sunday is ORIENTATION SUNDAY WOOOT WOOOT. Come by to learn more about the space. Invite your friends who are curious about the space. Starts at 4.
- Zlatlan announces that there will be a talk from a retired scientist , formerly from Monsanto, who worked for over 60 years in biology and genetics
- Eric announces that a member was asked to leave for repeatedly violating the membership agreement. He also announced that if you ever feel threatened in the space or have an issue you feel you cannot resolve- email firstname.lastname@example.org or Complaints@pumpingstationone,org
Meeting End: 08:23