Meeting Notes 2014-01-21
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-01-14||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-01-28 >>|
Meeting Begin: 8:02 pm
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- Introduce the present board and area hosts.
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Go over the things that need doing on Trello. This place works because it's a community, so help out!
- Anyone have an event or thing to announce? Now's the time, 1 minute max each.
- Who has been awesome? Call them out now.
Tours for Visitors
- Someone will give official tour (make sure liability forms have been signed and that emergency contact info is filled out)
- Toba skips 'hackerspaces' spiel
- New members talk about what they do
- Introduce board members and area hosts
- Kevin announces that tool cage lighting is broken. Temporary (dangerous?) lighting is up and running. He's on the case.
- Steve announces New Member Orientation Sunday the 26th at 4 pm.
- Lyn: Writing Prompt Group is Saturday the 25th at 6pm in the lounge.
- Thursday's CNC build club! Inventor of TinyG and a resin 3d printer will be presented
- A cold person comes in, waives introduction
- 300 Seconds of Fame
- Everett delivers a really unfortunate speech
- Rhys mostly wants to talk about his vision for the space.
- Talks about space in Ohio (Idea Foundry) that obtained huge grant. Asks us to consider emulating them.
- "What has our democracy gotten us?"
- Derek: "I will take some minutes every week"
- Bry: "I promise to only burn the space down once."
- Steve: "Well, I didn't steal any money."
- Hef: Access for everyone to everything we have.
- Systems group regular meetings.
- Adam: "I did an awful job this last year being your PR director."
- "I love creating more problems for us."
- Geographical specificity regarding the location of the prayer furnace.
- Catherine: Solidifying business plan. Straighten out 501c3
- Ed: The space is growing up. The board is busy and responsible. This is cool.
- Jay: Withdraws his candidacy. "Next time!"
- Clamor while votes are counted.
- Meeting ends without official adjournment.
Meeting End: 9 PM