Meeting Notes 2014-02-25
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-02-18||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-03-04 >>|
Meeting Begin: 20:01
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- Introduce the present board and area hosts.
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Sloane Lavery; interested in toy development.
- Juan; architect, designer. Like making furniture.
- Jonathan; architect.
- Ron; does woodshop. From Milwaukee Makerspace.
- Chadwell; wants to redo senior design project for anosmia. Has clones.
- Guilting time. May be known as The Chopping Block.
- After meeting, hef running tidy space on tech stuff upstairs.
- Genetic talk next Tuesday with Frank Hammer about Extremophiles.
- Writing Prompt Circle and The Artist's Way
- Analog Game Night on Saturday. Bring games or play ours!
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday, Ed will be doing Cold Metals authorization. Check the list for timing. Mandatory for Bridgeport certs.
- We met in the lounge because we wanted to try not meeting in the Lab. Feel free to give Hef feedback; he wants it.
- A member would like to write a vote to purchase a CNC router (wood, et cetera.)
- Jason Shanfield is a Tidy Space deputy.
Tours for Visitors
- Someone will give official tour (make sure liability forms have been signed and that emergency contact info is filled out)
- Ed for Cold Metals authorizations.
- Everyone (lots!) for certification discussion.
- Assface for helping with Orientation.
- Steve for running Orientation.
- Hef for continuing to work on RFID.
Meeting end: 20:36.