Meeting Notes 2014-04-01
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-03-25||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-04-08 >>|
Meeting Begin: 20:XX
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- Introduce the present board and area hosts.
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Adler Planetarium Science Hackday.
- Adler 30 hour Hack-thon. NASA Challenges. 12th and 13th.
- Saturday is International Tabletop board game night
- Sunday the 6th - 12-4pm. Circuit bending with Patrick McCarthy! Come make some furbies scary.
- Ed is doing a Tier 1 cold metals authorization Saturday.
- Ed would like some presenters for NERP. If you've got an area of expertise (or know someone who does) within NERP's scope, talk to him.
- Flourish is this weekend (aw crap!).
- Probably not cancelled
- Open source conference run by students at UIC. We usually do a soldering workshop (If you want to head this, maybe let us know).
Tours for Visitors
- Someone will give official tour (make sure liability forms have been signed and that emergency contact info is filled out)
- Hef may be proposing Vote to Donate 5 2-month PS:One Memberships to SSH:C's Indiegogo Campaign.
- Bart may be proposing Large Format CNC Router Proposal.
- Everett opens meeting. Skips talking about what a hackerspace is because he's a chump.
- New folks introduce themselves.
- Sam, a friend of Z. Wants to get into robotics.
- Everett introduces board members and area hosts
- Carl's pants are pretty bright
- New person comes in late and Everett puts him on the spot.
- Who's been awesome?
- The board has put together a budget to be voted on.
- Shellie mopped like a mopping machine! Also Daniel Peters.
- More new people!
- Mike found out about us from Hackaday. New to hackerspaces. Into software and embedded systems. He once made a POV display for a helicopter.
- Jeff followed Mike here. He's into fabrication and software.
- Vote announcements!
- Hef (Adam?) is proposing that we donate 5, 2-month starving hacker memberships to SSH. The intent is that they use them as a reward in their Indiegogo campaign. Voting on this next week, the 8th.
- Large format CNC router. This will be voted on the 8th. The proposal is for a 4'x8' shopbot, this was decided at a 'meatspace' meeting. ~$20,000
- Bry takes over to talk budget.
- Area hosts are receiving at least $3000 for their yearly budgets.
- We have fewer members than we thought. The manual record keeping process was less accurate than we thought. We believe we're sitting around 250-265 members, this will be audited this week.
- The budget being proposed is based on actual income, per paypal, rather than estimates of member count. We planned for our current income, so as membership grows we will exceed expected cash on hand.
- Presented to membership for feedback today. Official proposal on 8 April. Vote on 15 April
- Much discussion ensues.
Meeting end: 20:49