Meeting Notes 2014-04-29
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-04-22||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-05-06 >>|
Meeting Begin: 20:03
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- pick 3 random people to introduce themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Awesome callouts
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- Introduce the present area hosts.
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- New door prize at nerp.
- Adler planetarium is looking for funding. Ryan will post to mailing list.
- Hef is announcing computer vote. Language will be locked down in a week, voted on in two.
- Pitchfork volunteering shifts needed. Sacha posted on the mailing list.
- Someone announced "Hope hackers on planet earth" conference. Someone is organizing presence for ps1. Will be going on mailing list.
- PS1 birthday party is this weekend.
- Jeremiah, Farkas' grandson, is getting a bionic ear this weekend. Send science goodness his way.
- Hef is talking about rt.
Tours for Visitors
- Someone will give official tour (make sure liability forms have been signed and that emergency contact info is filled out)
- New people
- Tyler programs computers by day, and likes doing woodworking.
- Joe found out about us on the internet. Programs by day, and likes doing woodworking. Wants a wood lathe.
- Dana wants to learn about machining, welding, and arts.
- Katie found out about us by reference from a museum. Familiar with woodworking, but wants to learn all the things.
- Present Members
- Alan, Ryan, Jesse.
- New part 2
- Lizzy working on cosplay. Knew a founder.
- Shana working on cosplay. Came with Lizzy.
- Mike was looking for a woodshop.
- David was looking for a laser cutter. Likes to carve and sculpt.
- Amy found out by public library. Likes to make and hack everything they can get hands into. Wants to get into woodworking.
Meeting End: 20:40