Meeting Notes 2014-05-06
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-04-29||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-05-13 >>|
Meeting Begin: 20:07
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- pick 3 random people to introduce themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Awesome callouts
- Derek bought a crap ton of safety stuff, which was much needed.
- Derek designed and organized 100 Noise-o-tron kits, brought people to Mini Maker Faire, and freaking ran out of kits at a table that was packed for five and a half hours.
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- Introduce the present area hosts.
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- 300 Seconds of Fame - 2014-05-13
- Telehackathon with SSH on the weekend of the the 23rd.
- Hef is going to (hopefully) need some help getting new IT hardware set up in a few weeks.
- New hot metals area host - Tom Judge!
- PC Hardware Vote 2014 will be voted on 2014-05-13
- If you like 'good' music, Pitchfork music festival wants volunteers. In return for this, they will give us money. July 18-20th at Ashland and Lake. Contact Jerry L for information. He will totally hook you up.
- Programming Office Hours are tomorrow, Wednesday the 7th from 7-9pm.
- Resonate - community event at Concord(?) arts and music. Proceeds are invested back into arts community. Saturday, May 17th.
- Cookies for all!
- Laser cutter certifications tonight! Five minutes from the end of the meeting. This is not a useful announcement if you're reading this after the fact. Sorry.
- NERP is next Monday!
- JTAG is cool.
- TOOOL's annual meeting is tomorrow!
- This Saturday is Analog Game Night! 7pm start. Come play some board games or whatever. Geeky.
- Sunday is Math Office Hours. They do math there. For fun.
Tours for Visitors
- Someone will give official tour (make sure liability forms have been signed and that emergency contact info is filled out)
- Everett begins meeting. tenIntroduces the idea of hackerspaces and talks briefly about PS1.
- New faces introduce themselves.
- Jim attended the last orientation. Software developer - wants to weld and stuff like that.
- Louis is interested in resurfacing scrap wood. He went to an orientation a while ago. Is listening to Steve babble for the second time.
- Someone wants a clone army
- Hannah (Banana) is here for lasering. She likes making all kinds of stuff. Found out about PS1 through Allen Larson.
- Everett introduces 3 random people
- Tucker found out about us via google. He likes to machine things. Is reportedly good with wood.
- Sheila (skay) found out about PS1 because someone asked Carl to film something way back when it was in a coffee shop or something? Programmer by trade and in hobbies.
- Will. Found out about PS1 from hackerspaces.org and web investigations. Attended originally to work on 'Fresh Paint' (see it in the electronics lab!)
- Board and area hosts. Shellie made a book out of a book.
- Who's been awesome?
- Derek made an electronic noisemaker kit and took it to Maker Faire, spearheaded safety gear purchase
- Everyone who helped with and attended the birthday party!
- BRY FOR ARRANGING THE PARTY FOR REAL
- Steve (TOOOL), Anthony S and Justin C all did Maker Faire and them came out to the party.
- Toba may be the pun master. Up for debate
- Boatloads of announcements, see the relevant section.
- Steve leads a tour.
- Meeting ends.
Meeting End: 20:28