Meeting Notes 2014-05-20
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-05-13||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-05-27 >>|
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- pick 2 random people to introduce themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Awesome callouts
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- Introduce the board and area hosts.
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Business class by noony. Running on Thursdays for 12 weeks, keep an eye out on the list for official announcement.
- Python something tomorrow night.
- TeleHackathon this weekend! Make some silly internet connected devices that connect our spaces in unexpected ways.
- Everett's a wuss!
- Next Tuesday - CNC office hours starting at 7pm. Laser cutter, 3d printers (maybe vinyl cutter).
- Please fill out the board feedback survey. Find a link on the mailing list - it closes this Saturday. We need this feedback.
- Applied science talk tonight! If you're reading these minutes at home you probably missed it! Haha!
- Z tries to announce that again. Invites all to create presentations.
- Jewelery making on Sunday.
- Orientation is ALSO on Sunday. 4pm to 6pm. Dzak will totally be there, with no possible deviation.
- Math office hours will also be Sunday. 5-7pm
- Nerp two nerps from now is going to be a nerp presented by one of the inventors of the BeagleBone Black. The 23rd of June.
Tours for Visitors
- Someone will give official tour (make sure liability forms have been signed and that emergency contact info is filled out)
- Everett refuses to start meeting, is a pedant
- Rolling with it. That's a song.
- Carl doesn't like it.
- Everett continues to pedant.
- Bry is impatient with Everett's pedantry.
- Pet Antry
- Meeting beings at 8:00 on the dot, while Everett tells Noony she pronounced 'nomenclature' incorrectly.
- Everett asks new folks to introduce themselves.
- Pat Miller has been here a few times. He likes engines, has a motorcycle that he rebuilt in high school. Wants to revive it. Volunteers with Engineers without Borders. Solar cookers, things like that. FIRST Robotics, though he doesn't know anything about robots. Generally dislikes electrons.
- Brennan found out about us through a friend, he's an engineer. He doesn't get to work with his hands any more, needs an outlet. Brews, 3d design, rocketry. Big rockets, but not all the way to the end.
- Casey walked in, is not random, other random existing members selected.
- Lyn's been a member for a while. Wanted to learn to 3d print, likes to laser cut.
- Dillon is a hack mechanical engineer, NOT certified in any sense of the word. Designs machines, makes ridiculous wood contraptions. Engines and rockets are cool.
- Awesome callouts
- Tom is a new member but has been doing lots of awesome(bitchin') stuff in his new role as area host.
- Hef, Derek, Casey, Anthony and some other folks set up our new computers!
- Jason's been awesome! He serviced the crap out of the laser.
- Noony has invested lots of time in financials.
- Pete has volunteered his time to work on our bylaws.
- Hef's title is 'Eff it... CTO'
- Announcements - look up on this page.
- Nothing to make the space better - it is perfection and cannot be better.
- TOO MANY KUDOS
- No pony
- Meeting adjourns at 8:16.