Meeting Notes 2014-06-03
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-05-27||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-06-10 >>|
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- pick 2 random people to introduce themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Awesome callouts
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Introduce the board and area hosts.
- Pitchfork music festival is happening the weekend of July 20. If you volunteer we can get money. Talk to Jerry for deets.
- This Sunday (2:00pm -4:00pm) - Ancona Demo day. Will and Elizabeth are hosting folks from a small school to talk about the maker movement and hacking.
- We are going to vote on Compressed Air System Updates - June 10th vote date.
- There's a 'hardware garage sale' Sunday afternoon. www.experimentalsoundstudio.org - Check it out.
- We are reviewing area host positions - as required by a recent vote. If you're interested in applying for an area host spot please apply. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve's grandson has a cochlear implant. Hooray for cyborgs!
- Python office hours are tommorow night. Come write some code.
Tours for Visitors
- Someone will give official tour (make sure liability forms have been signed and that emergency contact info is filled out)
- Wood Shop Dust Collection - Passes: 33 yes, 1 no, 0 present.
- Triano has a two foot rod, two inches in diameter for Tucker
- Meeting beings at 20:00
- Triano graciously insists not everyone here is a tool.
- New faces
- Dave came to a couple meetings back in ancient history, at the coffee shop. Into 3d printing and laser cutting. Likes machining and laser cutting.
- Max heard about us from a friend. He runs a website, he writes stories (that include audio, and songs) about stuff. He wants to do an overview of PS1 and its community.
- Jerry doesn't know what day it is.
- Shellie was randomly selected to introduce herself. She draws random strangers. It isn't stalking. She followed Will here.
- Jerry says 'noooooo, Hi, I'm Jerry. What's the other question? Um. I had a little bit of a hand in the makerspace community which is vaguely related to the hackerspace community. I dunno, lots of ways. Anyway. What do I do? I don't know. I was installing linux because loasn gave me a thing, and then I remembered there was a meeting. I like math, signals processing. What do I like? Physics is pretty cool. Pretty much anything that you hated in your childhood, that's what I'm about. I love brussels sprouts. You should pick better people than me.'
- Things to do!
- Our front door is broken as hell. Please cut a piece of acrylic or glass or something and replace it - glue in with silicone.
- Awesome callouts.
- Will is awesome. He fills the soda fridge!
- Shellie is awesome. She teaches people to silkscreen.
- Anthony hung a corkboard.
- Some people helped build the shopbot.
- Loans and jeremy helped nackle print a thing.
- loans and bandit helped bry 3d print a ukelele. She immediately broke it.
- Carl is loud.
- Everett belatedly introduces board and area hosts. Bry hides.
- Hef's an electronic evangelist.
- Everett sends all the new folks on a tour with Steve.
- Time for a vote. We're voting on Wood Shop Dust Collection
- Bry and Everett fights. Everett is the boss of Bry.
- Meeting closes at 20:25