Meeting Notes 2014-06-17
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-06-10||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-06-24 >>|
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- pick 2 random people to introduce themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Awesome callouts
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Introduce the board and area hosts.
- New area hosts!
- Art is shellie
- CNC is elizabeth
- Hot metals is Tom
- Wood is triano
- Cold metals is now hosted by dean
- Tool Cage is now hosted by Sevin
- General area host is now Justin
- Kitchen is now hosted by Arturo
- Check out our new task board in the lounge. It's the corkboard covered with yellow post it notes.
- This coming monday, at NERP: One of the inventors of the beaglebone black is coming to talk.
- This thursday is the first meeting of SIGBOT - come do some robotics. Regular meetings will occur the third thursday of every month.
- PS1 Orientation is this sunday at 4pm. If you're a new member and haven't been, remember this is required!
- Bry's power hour is also Sunday, starting at 3pm. Please help us clean some stuff up. Hef promises uncertain foodstuffs.
- This Saturday from 2-5pm is bonus CNC office hours. Learn how to use a 3d printer or a laser or something. Be on time.
- Tomorrow is the national day of making - Elizabeth will be building the shapeoko 2 at the Harold Washington Library from 2pm-6pm. We'll be building one here July 10th.
- Two weeks from today (July 1st)Hef will being giving a presentation on one of:
- How PS1 works
- How the IT infrastructure at PS1 works
- We will be voting on air system updates next week.
- Jerry says please volunteer for Pitchfork July 18-20. Talk to jerry about all your stuff.
Tours for Visitors
- Someone will give official tour (make sure liability forms have been signed and that emergency contact info is filled out)
- New members introduce themselves
- Kara is an artist. Looking for a space to work in for the next month. Does electronics
- Rich found out about us from some website (yay!). He build guitars, 3d prints things. Looking forward to doing all kinds of stuff.
- Sean found out about us from someone else. He likes to program, typography things.
- Connor has a mechanical engineering background, but works in operations now. He's been following the maker movement. Works on anything.
- Greg has been a member for a few years. Does any project that's a waste of time and money. Made our bar, the liquor cabinet and that giant wooden chicago flag in our shop.
- Yay Robots
- Ryan works on our SEM extensively and is building a tricopter.
- Announcements, see above
- Awesome Callouts!
- ian totally saved everett's arm by telling him not to lift a bag awkwardly. Everett is stupid.
- Casey has been hugely helpful - now he's leaving like a big ol' jerk. Thanks for all your help, hopefully we'll see you soon!
- Ian wants to thank Jason and Dean for building us a new worktable.
- Carl spilled water all over the kitchen! Thanks Carl.
- All area hosts who have ever hosted an area or ever will host an area. Thank you!
- Arturo revived PS:Yum, thanks man!
- Will wasn't there.
- Meeting adjourns at 20:41