Meeting Notes 2014-07-22
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-07-15||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-07-29 >>|
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- pick 2 random people to introduce themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Awesome callouts
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Introduce the board and area hosts.
- Dzak is giving a tour to a bunch of research librarians. This Thursday. 7pm. Pumping Station: One.
- Sevin wants someone to hack a 2.4ghz radio signal from a thing in his brain. Someone put some more voices in his head. Get in touch with him.
- Justin - Chicago South Side Mini Maker Faire - we could use some people to kick in towards noisemakers or bring in other projects.
- Will has two open seats in his car for Detroit Maker Faire. He's leaving Friday morning. Dave has space but no air conditioning?
- Meeting beings at 20:09
- Everett welcomes folks to PS1 and talks about what a hackerspace is
- Horrifying things
- New members introduce themselves
- Roger Moore has a problem. No. He doesn't recall how he heard about us. Engineering undergrad, HAM, willing to hack anything.
- Roger's son, Roger. He builds robots.
- Valerie, his daughter. She likes robots but isn't sure what she wants to do yet.
- Everett introduces board members and area hosts.
- Two random people introduce themselves.
- Dave works on mostly bikes and linux stuff, but some other stuff too. He heard about us from linux/python meetups and TOOOL.
- Donald has been here for a couple years (but isn't familiar with this bit! Shame). Member for 2.5 years, found out about by googling hackerspaces. That's the end of that sad story. Google is your friend.
- Jason hates it when people are productive.
- Awesome callouts
- Tac (Mike) taught a linear algebra class on Sunday, and then again tonight. What a guy
- Jerry organized Pitchfork volunteers. Bry didn't go, she's sorry.
- Hef scored us a kickass label printer.
- Will doesn't know any bands. He's not that kind of music fan.
- Dzak leaves on a tour.
- Meeting ends at 20:21