Meeting Notes 2014-08-12
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-08-05||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-08-19 >>|
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- pick 2 random people to introduce themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Awesome callouts
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Introduce the board and area hosts.
- Sep 20-21 is NY world maker faire. PS1 has been granted a booth there - we want to have some folks there, and they might take some noisemakers. Looking for folks to come to NYC and help with that booth. You'll get free entry to the Faire, though you'll be responsible for your own travel and hotel. Get in touch with Jenny Tong if you're interested in participating.
- August 21 is Adler after dark. David Bowie themed. Be there or be someone who doesn't participate in David Bowie themed events at planetariums.
- Locktoberfest is Oct 18. No more details for you.
- MAKE wrote about us. Cool.
- Today is the 33rd birthday of the IBM PC.
- 300 Seconds is tonight!
- Bry startes meeting at 20:04
- PS1 is a place she can come to make crap.
- New folks introduce themselves
- Valerie heard about us from the writing prompts class. Interested in a bunch of things, welding, woodworking.
- Erica heard about us from noisebridge. Likes to make everything, but mostly does food and fiber.
- Mike heard about us from 'this guy' - he's looking forward to making a day bed.
- Alex knows some of the SSH:C folks. Came here for the business class - mostly interested in woodworking stuff. Likes CNC machines.
- Kat just moved to Chicago a week ago. Joe at Sector67 recommended us! She's a dressmaker and designer. She also likes woodworking.
- Cheryl heard about us from her boyfriend. She likes making costumes and props.
- Chris was working in his garage - his neighbor told him about us. Interested in sculpture.
- Sam found out about through Aaron. He likes to make music and vidoes.
- Two random folks introduce themselves.
- Steve found out about us from Mike Warot. He likes to work with metal and wood.
- Bioguy (Pete) is a microbiologist in 'real life.' He is here to learn about electronics, he does coffee roasting too. He found out about us on the internet as a resource for Arduino knowledge.
- Things to do around the space
- Look at the TASK board in the lounge.
- Awesome callouts
- Justin and Derek for the noisemakers
- Toba for doing the CPL afternoon this weekend! We had a load of folks to do some activities and see our space. Thanks, Eric!
- Ryan and Jason and Toba and Justin and Derek and Anthony - uh... they are awesome. They helped out with the kitchen!
- Probably Dean and Skilton. Dust collection is operating!
- Donald for throwing yet more hours at the Makerbot.
- Board introductions
- Meeting ends at 20:20