Meeting Notes 2014-08-26
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-08-12||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-09-02 >>|
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- pick 2 random people to introduce themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Awesome callouts
- Nominations for DAL are closing tonight - last chance
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Introduce the board and area hosts.
- 'Knitting' Lab on Wednesday! Shellie is here to help you with anything art-related! 7pm - until Shellie is hungry or tired
- Analog game night Saturday
- Friday night there will be a systems group Q&A talk. Come ask questions about our network/IT infrastructure. Hef's set up most of our extant systems and will be glad to talk about them. 7-8:30pm.
- Meeting begins at 20:05
- Bry introduces board members and area hosts
- New folks introduce themselves
- Bry likes PS1 because she can come here and make crap (well, nice stuff). Lots of tools she could never own. The community is awesome.
- Jeremy found out about us from a friend. He really really likes lasers.
- Michelle found out about us from some friends. She doesn't really hack. She draws.
- Pat has known about us for a while. He likes small engines. Trying to rebuild a motorcycle. He does FIRST with his old high school.
- David heard about us from a friend. He likes woood stuff.
- Matt has known about us for a while, decided to join because of his friend Patrick. He's into electronics, wants to get into woodworking.
- Sparr heard about us a while ago. He makes CNC devices and repurposes old hardware.
- Nathan found about us from Meetup. He likes to work on software.
- Andy heard about us from Meetup (Nerp). He makes software but is interested in electronics.
- Elian (?) is another friend-hearer - into wood.
- RJ (?) friend hearer - metal working.
- Nico is in software development. He wants to do electronics.
- Jeanine is interested in everything.
- Something to do in the space: Our tool labels have progressed several revisions since they went into place. There exist, in the space, old revisions. Someone needs to go through and print out the new labels and attach them to tools. The tool labels are on the tool's respective wiki pages.
- Awesome callouts:
- Shellie calls herself out, a little bit: she wrote a pretty awesome blog post about laser collages.
- The producers of the South Side Maker Faire put on... the South Side Maker Faire. Sevin, loans, Justin and Jenny were in the booth.
- Bry was working on a project this weekend - She was helped by Skilton, loans, Dean, Tucker and Bart!
- No last minute nominations for Director at Large.
- Everett is semi-official.
- Voting starts at 20:18
- Meeting ends 20:28