Meeting Notes 2014-09-16
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-09-09||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-09-23 >>|
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- Tell Triano to shut up.
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- pick 2 random people to introduce themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Awesome callouts
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Introduce the board and area hosts.
- Tomorrow is Bike Night! Come work on bikes. Or don't, whatever. There's questionable expertise and some quantity of tools available!
- Thursday night is SIGBOT. Come work on robots! Justin will be talking about a tiny robot that he's building at this very moment! Topical.
- Thursday is the 3D printing fair at the Art Institute.
- Jen wants to start thinking about arranging an American contingent to Chaos Camp. Keep an eye on the list for details
- Meeting begins at 20:02
- Everett introduces PS1 and rambles aimlessly. Yells at Triano for no reason!
- New folks introduce themselves
- Zach heard from his brother. He likes wood.
- Matthew likes to work with wood and metal.
- Everett introuces board members, area hosts.
- Two randoms introduce themselves:
- Jenny found out about PS1 a long time ago. She goes to Maker Faires (World Maker Faire in NYC is this weekend.)
- Giovanni found out about us through Python Office hours (Every other Wednesday!) He likes to code.
- Awesome Callouts
- Dean is in process of a major reorginization of cold metals!
- Jenny and Anthony and Justin went to the Mokena Maker Faire (and Derek helped prepare) with noisemakers and talked about PS1.
- Meeting ends at 20:12