Meeting Notes 2014-09-23
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-09-23||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-09-30 >>|
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- Tell Triano to shut up.
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- pick 2 random people to introduce themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Awesome callouts
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Introduce the board and area hosts.
- Elizabeth is giving a presentation tonight. She's doing another one at SSA@SSH Monday at 7pm.
- Next week is our Pot luck! Bring a dish to the member meeting.
- This Sunday is our monthly new member orientation - come out at 4pm to learn all about PS1.
- There are pears in the kitchen. When they turn yellow - eat them.
- Check out our calendar for more events. Most nights have something going on, and most events are open to the public.
- Triano disparages entire membership's abilities
- Some guy pulls out a sick burn on Hef
- Hef claims to shave daily
- Hef didn't know he was running the meeting!
- Did you check the port thing?
- Bry opens meeting at 20:02
- Introduces board members and area hosts
- Hef is the Secretary, Typing Furiously
- Triano is an assface.
- Justin disrupts the meeting.
- "We are a place where you can make crap."
- New folks introduce themselves
- John heard about us years ago. He is a firmware engineer. He's interested in making a street-legal minibike and is having difficulties.
- Josh is an architect. He's into furniture building, CNC. He's looking for a place to get into that.
- Jason found out about through his buddy (to his left). Trying to start a clothing brand, trying to source fabric and places to build garments.
- Dale is a mechanical engineer, works on hydraulic valves. Wants to learn about electronics for a side projects.
- Karen took a digital fabrication class at NIU, heard about us on Meetup.
- Someone should look into emergency lights in the building - stairwells. Look into it and email any results to email@example.com.
- Awesome Callouts
- Mike Warot fixed the Grizzly! Thanks Mike.
- Dean lined up our new metal-cutting bandsaw!
- Jenny and Arturo and Justin all went to NYC for world maker faire! Many noisemakers were assembled, in spite of difficulties! Jesse and Dan also showed up and helped out. Thanks everyone!
- Tom did a whole bunch of network stuff, even though he said he wouldn't. Then he documented it!
- Oh yeah he bought a new forge too.
- Meeting closes at 20:15