Meeting Notes 2014-10-07
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-10-07||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-10-14 >>|
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- Tell Triano to shut up.
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- pick 2 random people to introduce themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Awesome callouts
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Introduce the board and area hosts.
- Saturday is analog game night.
- Shellie is ordering a heat press.
- PS:1 design contest has ended. Will's going to seek votes on the mailing list.
- Cold Metals Tier 1 is happening Thursday 7:00-8:30pm. Contact Ed.
- Everett doesn't care about Triano's back.
- Everett begins yammering at 20:01.
- He talks a little bit about what PS:1 is.
- New folks introduce themselves!
- Mike found out about us with research on his own. Maybe interested in CNC stuff.
- Curtis heard about us in MAKE. Not even sure what he wants to make yet, but he'll figure it out.
- Darold sought out hackerspaces. He is looking into making a resin printer. Hydroponics, aquaponics.
- Oscar was looking for a place to do woodworking. He's not strictly a woodworker, he likes other stuff.
- Someone who knows Ray is the creative director for an ad agency. He wants to get into kinetic sculpture. He's refinishing a skateboard and doing vinyl stickers.
- Dan found out about us googling for makerspaces. Mainly does electronics, but is interested in woodworking and metalworking and all kinds of stuff. He's build tube guitar amps - would like to build chassis/enclosures for projects like that.
- Mike read about us on the internet. He does 3d design, interested in combining that with electronics and 3d printing.
- Paul found about us on meetup. He doesn't know what he wants to hack. He's researching us.
- Jake was involved in electronics a long time ago. Interested in robotics. Saw us on meetup.
- Eddie just saw our website the other night. Thought he'd stop by. He likes to do mechanical stuff - working on bikes.
- May is just kind of along for the ride.
- Everett introduces area hosts and board members.
- Awesome Callouts
- Will helped someone with vinyl cutting! He's always willing to treat people like third graders.
- Doorman Dave drove Camp ShopBot all by himself! Anthony helped with organization and the latter half of the day.
- Meeting ends at 20:13