Meeting Notes 2014-11-04
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-10-28||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-11-11 >>|
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- Tell Triano to shut up.
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- pick 2 random people to introduce themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Awesome callouts
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Introduce the board and area hosts.
- Tom put up 3 votes for discussion - Vote to Buy a Fastener stock for the shop, Vote to Buy a Replacement Tube for Epilog, and Vote to Buy a 4th Axis for Epilog - These will be officially announced this week. Check them out on the mailing list.
- Vote to Repair SEM Vacuum Pump
- Next Monday is NERP. Come talk about embedded computing.
- Saturday is analog game night. 5pm.
- Meeting begins at 20:02
- Hef tells Triano to shut up.
- Hef introduces PS1.
- New folks introduce themselves.
- Bob wants to learn how to use tools. He read about hackerspaces in a magazine.
- Chris wants to build a radiator cover or something else out of wood. He heard about us through Google.
- Zach is a software guy who wants to learn more hardware. He's obsessed with modularity and does a lot of furniture building. (Seriously, every kind of modularity)
- Jesse also likes modularity.
- Alex does robotics, software, hardware. Sought us out, he worked in a machine shop for a couple years and is looking for somewhere to do that sort of thing again.
- Dave isn't sure how he found out about us. Probably google. He just moved here, just quit his job as a welder. Wanted to find a workshop where he could build furniture and stuff.
- Steve has been here for a week. He likes woodworking - trying to get into electronics and embedded computing. Found out about us from his brother.
- Hef is Hef - his title is 'Stop Sucking'
- Two random folks introduce yourself.
- Jonathan found out about us searching for hackerspaces in Chicago. He lives precisely between us and SSH:C.
- Tom is the hot metals area host. He likes to fasten metal together. Also driving over things.
- Hef needs some help mounting a projection screen! If you're reading this you might have missed it already. Sorry, temporal slacker.
- Awesome Callouts
- Justin and other folks
- Ryan for working on the ShopBot safety
- Lyn organized all of our liability waivers!
- Michael Russo took an entire evening to help out Erica (Also Derek and Tom and Dan and a bunch of folks!)
- Ron has done nothing awesome.
- Area hosts introduce themselves.
- Board members are introduced.
- I'm totally writing down what Hef is saying, verbatim.
- Meeting's over at 20:13. Will leaves with a tour.