Meeting Notes 2014-11-25
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-11-18||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-12-02 >>|
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- Tell Triano to shut up.
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- pick 2 random people to introduce themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Awesome callouts
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Introduce the board and area hosts.
- RFID is starting to work. Talk to Ian (or check RFID) about how to get it to work. (Actually, talk to Derek, not Ian).
- Saturday Dec 6 at 10am is a space field trip to Christkindlmarket. Meet at PS1.
- Sunday Dec 7 at 4pm is a tea social in the craft room. Bring all your tea and tea accessories. There will be gallons of honey.
- Ignite (Glass studio) has a groupon for introductory classes. Check it out. (Talk to Will for more info)
- Everett introduces the space.
- New folks introduce themselves.
- Eric is a brand new member. He wants to learn how to hack electronics. He is good with bicycles. He heard about us by attending LUG.
- Jake found out about us, he thinks, trying to look up PS1 (The museum in New York). It's a happy accident. Interested in learning about all kinds of things from folks: robotics, electronics, drones. Already does woood working and food trucking.
- Tom is blind.
- Jerry found out about us through Workshop 88. He's into robotics and electronics.
- Kyle is visiting. He does high voltage work, industrial motors. Wants to get into electronics.
- Mark found us by clicking lots of links on the internet (Via Reddit?) Looking to do woodworking - a bluetooth arcade controller made from walnut. Into electronics and wood, has future projects based on those things.
- Bryan was sent here by an anonymous member. Wants to get into electronics and maybe woodworking.
- Matt came here last week. He heard about us from HacDC. He's into basically everything (engineer by trade) - he's got a large mess of electronics, music, wood, metal etc projects to work on.
- Everett introduces himself, board members and area hosts. (Triano is identifying wood.)
- Anthony is not blending in.
- Something to do around the space - I had something for this.
- Awesome callouts
- Jason spent time on the laser again!
- Tom, Dean, Derek, Ron and a couple other folks helped move the new CNC machine into the building!
- Derek started implementing RFID.
- Pete helped Carl and Sheila roasted coffee using Bioguy's information!
- Dean spent a lot of time researching, locating and investigating our new mill. Thanks Dean!
- Steve leaves with a tour for new folks.
- Meeting ends at 20:28