Meeting Notes 2014-12-09
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-12-02||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-12-16 >>|
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- Tell Triano to shut up.
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- pick 2 random people to introduce themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Awesome callouts
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Introduce the board and area hosts.
- Laser authorizations after the meeting.
- 300 Seconds of Fame is tonight!
- This week is the Hour of Code. http://code.org - Check it out. Get students involved in programming a computer for the first time.
- Anthony's mom likes the hour of code.
- Member points for pull requests! Hef is officially asking for public contributions to our authentication system - ps1auth - ask him for more details. https://github.com/hef/ps1auth
- Will is making marshmallows at 4pm on Sunday.
- Meeting begins at 20:03
- Everett welcomes people.
- Carl walks in in a silly hat.
- Everett talks about what PS1 is. Square feet.
- New folks introduce themselves
- Jake was here two weeks ago. He doesn't have a memorable face. He was the one looking for the New York PS1. He likes to fail at making drones, hopes to one day succeeed.
- Kevin found out about us from Zach at Inventables. He's read our wiki and decided to show up - he's already impressed!
- Jess (or Jessica) found out about us from Hef. She works with him. She's really interested in learning how to use 3d printers, among other things.
- Phillip Peterson knows Todd Freeman. He got a brief tour. He's interested in 3d printing. Mainly he's just an activist, he's still working on the Maker thing.
- Curt found us on Meetup. He makes things for a living, design. He's just looking for a place to get his own things started on the side. His background is in architecture and design, he runs a CNC lab.
- Everett introduces board members and area hosts.
- Awesome callouts
- Will made scones for tea.
- Hef has done a whole lot of financials work, categorizing things in quickbooks!
- Everett spends a lot of time processing membership status stuff.
- Derek runs votes and takes notes and stuff.
- Erica wants to thank everyone (everyone!) for being patient while she was working on her enormous trestle table. People helped her lift and carry and offered advice. The table looks amazing!
- Triano used junk wood to build an outfeed table. Thanks, folks who abandoned stuff!
- One of our members visited a hackerspace in Vienna, and they have a darkroom. He says that heading to the local hackerspace is a great way to start immersing oneself in a city.
- Check out Chicago Community Darkroom
- Steve takes all the new folks on a tour.
- We vote on a thing.
- Everett forgot he's running 300 seconds of fame.
- Meeting ends at 20:38