Meeting Notes 2015-01-06
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-12-30||2015 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2015-01-13 >>|
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- pick 2 random people to introduce themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Awesome callouts
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Introduce the board and area hosts.
- Someone should run new cables to the two computers in arts - Doorman Dave claimed it
- Someone should fix the Omer nail gun ("It's a bitch!" - loans)
- Bry wants people to prepare some swag - there's info in trello.
- Stickers, T-Shirts, Buttons, all the swaggiest swag things we could swag.
- Saturday Feb 7 - Triano is going to do a shop day - come help work on the shop! Don't schedule any projects for that day, unless they're related to making the shop better1
- Capricon - Local SciFi convention is the same weekend as Valentine's Day. Ananda is on several panels there and is taking lots of stuff she made at PS:1. It's at the Westin on Milwaukee. capricon.org
- Electronics workshop for Women is Saturday January 17th - there's a meetup page. $29 to learn to solder and take home a thing you made.
- 2015 Budget Vote is up for discussion - check it out, and please add comments to the discuss page.
- 300 Seconds of fame next week is cancelled - it will be shifting to the week after (The 20th) for nominees to give a speech about their potential residency on the board.
- Thursday Jan 29 is the Dumb Robot Competition - Build a crappy sumo robot. Talk to Justin for more details - if you've never build a robot before, this is the contest for you.
- Saturday at 3pm is an RFID talk/powwow/hackathon. Come talk about RFID in the space and learn how you can help.
- 2015 Budget PLAN C Vote
- Yes: 29
- No: 2
- Present: 7
- Quorum Required: 35
- Meeting begins at 20:03
- Bry introduces herself and the space, asks new folks to introduce themselves.
- Shay heard about us while hunting down places where he could use tools - about three years ago. He's just now decided to visit us. He does woodworking, construction, leatheworking, stained glass. A real jack-of-all-trades.
- Tyler heard about us from a friend of his last year, but he wasn't in the country. When he came back he decided to come around and join. He does carpentry mostly.
- BJ Found out about us from Nicky Nolan (Chair of a department at Columbia) - BJ is an MFA student there. Into welding, 3D printing, laser cutting and other new(ish) manufacturing techniques. Electronics and programming.
- Leo found out about us from Jesse. He just graduated from Columbia, into 3D printers, laser cutters and things like that. He tells us about his face: his thesis project was looking at the intersection between ID and surveillance - he 3d printed a prosthetic of his face for people to wear in public. This would cause modern tracking systems to track him instead of the wearer.
- Roman heard about us from his friend - he wants to learn about Arduinos and a little bit of everything else.
- Victor found us on a forum. He's mostly interested in CNC machines (3d printing) but also wants to learn about Arduinos and programming.
- Patrick found us through someone he pointed at - lots of woodworking, welding, laser engraving, 3d printing. Stuff.
- Lydia found us on the internet. She does sets and costumes.
- Bry introduces board members and area hosts.
- Hef is the 'Chaos Theory Operator'
- Jesse shows off her knitted PS1 logos - they're pretty sweet
- Awesome Callouts
- Tom has spent a lot of time on the budget, as have Justin and Jenny.
- Jesse has spent a lot of time on cleaning up our new knitting machine (As well as Erica and Dan and IronWill)
- Everyone who takes out the trash and keeps the place generally not a shit hole! Go team!
- Thanks to the board for an awesome year.
- Toba hosts beer church!
- Pete says "smushy"
- Jason leaves with a tour.
- We vote.
- Meeting ends at 20:25