Meeting Notes 2015-01-13
|<< Meeting Notes 2015-01-06||2015 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2015-01-20 >>|
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- pick 2 random people to introduce themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Awesome callouts
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Introduce the board and area hosts.
- This Saturday listen to Derek ramble about linux. Find the thread in the mailing list.
- Feb 7th is a project day in the wood shop. Help Triano knock out some space projects! Don't plan on using the wood shop for personal projects.
- This Saturday is tabletop game night.
- Saturday after that is a Tamale party - there will be three fillings.
- Pulled pork
- Chiles and Cheese
- Additional fillings accepted.
- The next Electronics workshop is this Saturday at 2pm in the electronics lab.
- NERP is next Monday.
- Next week is elections. Nominations close today. Any additional nominations should be like, right now.
- January 29th is the crappy robot competition.
- Brybot is going to kick Senor Abraszos' ass!
- Robots must be dumb!
- 300 Seconds is moved to next week, for board candidates.
- Meeting begins at 20:02
- Everett talks about PS1 and what hackerspaces are.
- New folks introduce themselves:
- Ken is eating cookies. This place is like his garage, but a little bit cleaner. He hacks anything he can get his hands on. He heard about us from that guy. He's been reading about hackerspaces for a while. Art, scavenging, repurposing and whatever else.
- George is that guy. He does fisual stuff, fine arts, interactive paintings, doing stuff with stuff. He brought cookies. He heard about us not from Ken. There's a guy who does 3d printing at the art institute of Chicago who told George about us.
- This fellow is here from the Field Museum. He isn't allowed to stay at the museum after work - he's been looking for a place to tinker. Likes motorcycles, etc.
- Daniel does systems administration. He's building the next oracle killer. He wants to get his hands on hardware - heard about us from Anthony at Micro Center.
- Nate is a software engineer. He heard about us from the Googs, looking for machine tools.
- Patrick is an 'old, new' person. He lives in the area and writes code all day, so he wants to do things that aren't code.
- Jeff was a member for a little while last year, and is joining again.
- Caitlin heard about us from Jeff. She's a visual artist who's learning programming. She wanted to come here to have access to tools.
- Kate heard about us on meetup, in her spam folder. She is learning how to program in C and Java.
- Ray does propmaking, model painting, embroidery and she wants to learn how to fix things. She learned about us from her Uncle, who's a member of some other space.
- Everett introduces the board and area hosts.
- Hef is the professional Tribble breeder.
- "Oh noo... no, no no" - Bry
- Doorman Dave doesn't listen well
- More new folks
- Cory heard about us from a friend. He's into electronics.
- Aaron is the friend, he's been meaning to come here for five years.
- Awesome callouts
- Dan Locks is awesome - he did stuff to the table saw. He is both competent and willing to do tool maintenance.
- Someone managed to get in with the command from IRC channel!
- Everyone who's been working on and commenting on the 2015 budget.
- Bry has not yet burned down the building! Hooray!