Meeting Notes 2015-01-27
|<< Meeting Notes 2015-01-20||2015 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2015-02-03 >>|
- Intro PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome callouts.
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Introduce the board and area hosts.
- Hot Metals and Tool Cage Area Hosts are Open
- This Thursday at 7 PM we are having a Crappy Robot Competition sponsored by SIGBOT Special Interest Group on Robotics. Room is available for new contestants.
- Monday is NERP. The topic is Code Composer Studio (CCS) by Texas Instruments, focusing on microcontrollers.
- Saturday is Analog Game Night at 5 PM.
- Wednesday is Python Office Hours. 7 PM.
- Saturday at 2 PM Chicagoland Linux User Group is meeting here.
- On February 7 at Noon Matt Triano is hosting a wood shop project day. Running ducting, moving tables, etc. Help is needed! The wood shop will NOT BE USABLE at this time.
- Wednesday February 4 at 8 PM is TOOOL (The Open Organization of Lockpicking). This will include a class on "impressioning".
- Sunday at noon is Beer Church.
- 2015 Budget Vote
- Yes: 34
- No: 2
- Present: 5
- Total Votes: 41
- Quorum: 37
- Vote passes.
- 9 new people introduced themselves.
- 2 current members introduced themselves.
- Two Area Host positions opened. See above.
- Light needs to be fixed downstairs. Justin is on it.
- Doorman Dave: Needs help inventorying equipment.
- Need help pruning members' mailing list of ex members. Contact email@example.com.
- Soda fridge in lounge is freezing up. It either has a bad thermostat, or the relay isn't turning off the compressor. This needs to be fixed or replaced. If anyone knows about refrigeration, or knows of a great deal on a working fridge, mail info@ and talk to Will.
- People are needed to help answer questions for Python Office Hours. Talk to Sheila and Carl.
- Announcements made. See above.
- Awesome callouts:
- Last year's board
- Derek for staying over from last year's Board
- Doorman Dave for making a virtual server
- Shea for reorganizing the Arts and Crafts area
- New Board for signing up to run the space
- Vote taken. See above.