Meeting Notes 2015-03-03
|<< Meeting Notes 2015-02-24||2015 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2015-03-10 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome callouts.
- Votes. (None tonight.)
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts.
- Wednesday, 8 PM, TOOOL (The Open Organization of Lockpickers)
- Shellie's Arts and Crafts open office hours moved to 8:30 PM Thursdays.
- Ray Doeksen is trying to connect people offline with jobs. He is involved with hardware startups (Technori, Catalyze Chicago) and has connections.
- Friday, an offsite documentary "1971" at 7:20 in Wilmette. Contact Shiela. She is coordinating a block of tickets.
- Wednesday is Bike Night.
- SEM Office Hours beginning on 2nd Wednesdays, 7-9 PM. First one will be March 11.
- SEM Authorization theory class, Thursday March 12, 7-10 PM.
- Friday, March 20, 7 PM, Rat Patrol bicycle club having a St. Ratrick's Day event. Fundraiser for a bike drive.
- Next Tuesday: 300 Seconds of Fame lightning talks. Sign up on the Wiki.
- Announcing applications for a second Cold Metals Volunteer Authorizer position. Closes in 1 week.
- Wood Shop Volunteer Authorizer position closes in 1 week.
- Current Votes:
- Authorization Policy
- Yea: 14 (in person) + 15 (online) = 29
- Nay: 0 (in person) + 1 (online) = 1
- Present: 3 (in person) + 1 (online) = 4
- Quorum: 37
- Result: Failed due to lack of quorum
- Authorization Policy
- Server hardware vote - Doorman Dave needs people to help research hardware specs, costs, etc. Please contact him if you are interested in helping.
- 8 new people introduced themselves.
- 2 current members introduced themselves.
- Sevin: Needs help with emergency lights. Attaching these to walls, wiring, etc.
- Justin: Need pictures of Board and Area Hosts for the cork board.
- Awesome callouts:
- Ron for being the Authorizer for the woodshop.
- Ray for taking care of Doorman Dave's horrible mess left in the kitchen.
- Mike Skilton, Andy, Ray, Roman, Skittles, Mike, Will Garza, Ron Olson, Shea, Chris Agocs, Jenny Tong, Mike, Anthony for drywall work this weekend.
- Justin for organizing drywall.
- Derek for turning people on to FISH Unix shell.
- Carl for shoveling sidewalks.
- Leonard Nimoy for his career and works.
- Announcements made. See above.