Meeting Notes 2015-08-04
|<< Meeting Notes 2015-07-28||2015 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2015-08-11 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome callouts.
- Tell me about What You Hack
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts.
- To Do
- In minutes
- Current Votes:
- Vote on 3 Policy Labels
- Yea: 1 (in person) + 6 (online) = 7
- Nay: 9 (in person) + 9 (online) = 18
- Present: 5 (in person) + 5 (online) = 10
- Quorum: 36
- Result: Failed (Did not receive majority, did not make quorum)
- Vote on 3 Policy Labels
- Upcoming Votes:
- Vote to Impeach Jenny Tong (August 18, 2015)
- Vote to Sing Kumbaya In Chorus and Eat Tasty Snacks (August 18, 2015)
- 8 new people introduced themselves. Welcome new people!
- 2 random person introduce themselves. [Skipped]
- Introduce board and volunteers.
- To Do Tasks:
- Program the programmable thermostat so it isn't 900 degrees in the space
- Replacing shop audio system.
- Door closer needed for the front door. Andrew and Doorman Dave will work on this.
- Need projection screen from the catwalk moved into the lounge.
- If you take out a tool, put it away. If you liberate dust, please collect it.
- Please don't put stuff in the fire lane. Please move the stack of wood on the electrical panels.
- Awesome Callouts:
- Toba has consistently amused Doorman Dave
- Casey for donating a receiver box for the shop
- Casey for starting to organize ham radio events
- Eric Wessing for tidying ethernet cables
- Dave and Hef for SSO auth software
- Things People Hacked:
- Dubi hacked a building block system out of CDs and laser cut wood
- Brian Chojnowski built a NAS media server
- Wednesday, August 5, 7 PM Microcontroller programming for Chicago South Side Mini Maker Faire
- Wednesday, August 5, 8 PM TOOOL - Lock Picking in the
- Saturday, August 8: Chicago South Side Mini Maker Faire, Ford City Mall, looking for volunteers
- Saturday, August 8, 4 PM: Sausage and Bread Making Night
- August 7-9: MuseCon in Itasca - Music, 3D printed stuff, knitting, sewing. Ananda will do a pop up panel on PS:One.
- Monday, August 10, 7 PM: Electronics Office Hours
- Wednesday, August 12, 7 PM: Radiationpalooza with Bionerd23, Ryan, and Elizabeth. Will replace SEM Office Hours this month.
- Monday, August 17, 7 PM: NERP Persons from University of Chicago are talking about big data.
- Saturday, August 22: Bit Bash, Game developers conference near the Loop.
- Announced new Area Hosts: Andrew Camardella (CNC), Shae Kurko (Tool Cage)
- We scored some water soluble 3D printer filament, and we are getting a loan of a 3D scanner.
- Sheila needs a host for Python Office Hours for Wednesday, August 12.
- We need Volunteer Authorizers for the Wood Shop, Machine Shop, and CNC.