Meeting Notes 2015-10-27
|<< Meeting Notes 2015-10-13||2015 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2015-11-03 >>|
PS:One Meeting Notes
Meetin' time. Current Hackerspace conditions: shop: 2% busy, electronics: 35% busy, crafts: 0% busy, lasercutter: 23% busy
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Karthik, via coworkers, has been working with rpis on things
- Ryan or Brian via google, likes hacking everything, electornics
- Nina via spouse, laser engraving
- Jason? via google, does a lot of laser cutting, rpi, things like that
- Caleb via google, was at a Boston makerspace? physical side of making, 3d printers, bikes, ... etc
- Brett via seeing beer people in the back, and read about it in the reader for the cryptoparty piece, just signed up.
- Mike via living in the neighborhood, Irish music and Bagpipes and likes woodworking and stuff
Board and Area Hosts
Blurbs the board and area hosts.
Two Random Members
- Matt, heard of us via friend, three years later. woodworking pojects, maintaining woodworking equipment, grad school
- Carl, is busy hacking on a thing and talking to mithro on irc about hdmi2usb I bet
Things that need doing around the space
- mark fire lane in ship in accordance with code. Ron will look up code.
- Find locations to hang fire extinguishers
- Emergency lighting https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=1237 maybe?
- Clean up and put tools away
- Art on things
- Ron for helping look up
- Jason, Ray, Andrew for taking apart and rebuilding laser laser
- Jason and Eric for working on table saw thing I can't hear
- Eric for cleaning glue out of the planer
- Rei for painting
What have you been hacking
- Rei painted wall by the door
- Erica Renovating 4 flat
- 10/28 7pm Thursday, bike night
- 10/31 Saturday digital game night, Halloween edition, horror games, jump scare games, customs encouraged, food, movies?
- 11/1 Sunday kitchen office hours, e.g. learn about cast iron care
- What is the best way to get people to teach? What is the best way to learn?
- be mindful of volunteer's time
- prioritize the first thing
- look up office hours schedule
- ask on mailing list
- What is membership? hours? how do you get authorized?
- Justin explains member tiers, and so on, and how to sign up. orientation
- You need to get authorization for almost all the tools, even if you already know how to use those tools
- quirks of our equipment get taught too, so it helps even if you are already an expert
- Does anyone know a crane operator to help get a large dining table in to an apartment. can't get it up the stairs. 2nd floor
- try scissor lift?
- it can fit diagonally through a window
- how do people move drywall? ask at an actual lumberyard?
- Anyone want large cardboard boxes? ask on the mailing list.
- What are area budgets and total budgets?
- 2015 budget vote wiki page
- Area hosts have budget information, ask area hosts. Ron has a google doc.
- Brian C. is setting up monthly quickbooks report
Ray is giving a tour. Thanks!